Mosaic on Mac OS

Hello,
i have just bought a Bartok and I run it with Qobuz .
Is there any chance that mosaic would be available on Mac OS ?
Thank you

AFAIK Mosaic is only available for phone or tablet use . So if you are an Apple person there is an iOS version. Otherwise Android.

I think dCS answered a similar question earlier this year. If I recall correctly there were no plans for Mac or PC versions.

When I started using Mosaic I bought a refurbished i-pad for the purpose but there are, of course, also some cheap Android tablets available these days.

Running Mosaic on a portable device has the major advantage of control being available from your favourite listening chair or as you move around.

Incidentally I do still use the desktop Qobuz player on my PC so that I can read the articles on music, musicians and record labels. It is also a preferable place to build favourites lists or other playlists ( I always add to favourites from the new releases on Qobuz posted on Friday mornings). These selections built on the PC will then appear in Mosaic for actual playing.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your complete answer.

Although it may not be helpful right now, the upcoming ARM-based macs will be able to run iOS apps natively.

As a PC user I run an Android emulator and launch Moasic from there.

1 Like

AFAIK…I had to think about that one Pete! :smiley: Took me ages to suss out SHMBO! :joy:

I want to add to what Jeff wrote. The new M1-based Macs are now out, and they should be able to run Mosaic.

I’m still struggling :grin:

1 Like

I run mosaic on my M1 Mac without issues

1 Like