Mosaic crash after few seconds

Hi! My Mosaic app has started fo crash after few seconds of use.
That’s happen with IPhone 8 and even with IPad.
I have already tryed to reinstall the app and reboot the devices.
I use Mosaic with Qobuz, Miminserver and Roon.
How can solve the issue?
At the moment is impossible to use it.

You need to give more information. What dCS product are you using? What do you mean by “crash” ?

I am using a Bartok.
Crash means that the app is shut down or close after few seconds.
So is impossible to use.

So you mean that the app reverts to an an unselected icon on screen? Or do you mean that it is as if you have selected it but that all that you see is a searching or buffering icon?

The former issue I have never come across. The latter is almost certainly caused by a network fault.

Sorry for my English.
I’ll try to explain as best as I can.

I click on the app.
The app open and all seems to work properly.
I don’t touch anything.
Then after 2/3 seconds the app shut down.
If I re open the App happens the same thing.
The same happens with IPad and Iphone.

All happend after at least one month of use of Mosaic.
Simply one day both the apps has started to crash.

Now I am using the Bartok with Roon. I don’t have any issue.

I’m worry because if I don’t solve the Mosaic issue is impossible to update the system.

Thanks Stefano.

So when the app closes after a few seconds all you see relating to it on screen is the app selection icon; a black circle or black square with rounded corners in the iOS version with the dCS logo.

For the few seconds that the app remains open does it find the Bartok during that period or do you just see a buffering icon?

Would you kindly confirm what versions you have installed for both the app and the Bartok network board?

Finally I note that you have tried reinstalling the app on both your iPhone and iPad. Although it is possible to overwrite the versions that are already installed try uninstalling them first then install new copies from the App Store.

BTW. you’re doing fine with your English.

‘So when the app closes after a few seconds all you see relating to it on screen is the app selection icon; a black circle or black square with rounded corners in the iOS version with the dCS logo.’

The second option, I see The dCS logo with rounded corner.

“For the few seconds that the app remains open does it find the Bartok during that period or do you just see a buffering icon?”

Yes it find the Bartok

Would you kindly confirm what versions you have installed for both the app and the Bartok network board?

The latest.

I have also noted (now I’ not home) that If The app doesn’t find the Bartok, The app doesn’t shut down
“ I note that you have tried reinstalling the app on both your iPhone and iPad. Although it is possible to overwrite the versions that are already installed try uninstalling them first then install new copies from the App “

I have done what you said.
I have uninstalled and than installed a new version.

BTW. you’re doing fine with your English.

Thanks!!!

Sorry to push on this but would you please advise the actual V.x.x.x numbers. I am just trying to establish that the control device installation and the Bartok network board installation match.

Incidentally this is an odd issue as whilst the app is open it is finding Bartok. Most of the similar issues reported concern the app either not discovering Bartok or losing connection with it. These are usually a problem caused by by the user’s network. I still think it most likely that this will turn out to be the reason for your problem too. Your latest information that if the app doesn’t find Bartok then it doesn’t close. So you should then see a buffering icon and the app will say “searching” at the top". Is that right?

Hi Pete.
My version is 1.1.1
I have unistalled and installed again just to be sure.

Yes when I am outside my house and the app doesn’t find the Bartok I see the search writing on top.
Now I am back home.
I have open the app.
I have allow the app to search for dCS products.
It has found the Bartok
I have clicked on it
And after 1/2 seconds the app has shutted down.

Thanks for your further information Stefano.

Just try one more thing. IOS has a feature called Private Address" which can cause problems in some situations. I am wondering if this is causing some confusion with connectivity. Subsequently iOS is closing the app for security reasons?

Go to “settings” then “wifi” and select the blue " i" in circle displayed next to your router identity. Then switch off “Private Address”.

I have had problems with this myself but not in the same way as you may have. Frankly I am not at all certain about this suggestion but it is worth trying. Otherwise I don’t have any further ideas.

Hi Pete.
Just done.
Nothing happens.
I have the same problem.

Oh dear. Sorry that I have been unable to assist. Maybe someone else can add their thoughts?

I now continue to anticipate that there may be a network problem as that historically has provided the solution to 99% of reported Mosaic issues here. However I have insufficient knowledge of network settings to give advice.

Thanks for your help Pete.
You have been very kind.
Stefano

Hello.
Had the same problems, caused by the router, an easy box 804. Could You please be so kind to give some information about your network components?
Regards
Carsten

Hi!
I have a FRITZ!Box 7330.

Hm, unfortunately i don‘t have any experience with the FritzBox, i‘m sorry. With the EasyBox, an unmanaged switch solved the problem instantly. I byed a cheap, unmanaged 5-port switch (Netgear), plugged the Bartok into port 5, NAS in 2 and connected port 1 to the EasyBox - and voilá, it worked . After updating the Bartok, all was fine.
Does anyone have experience with the Fritz.Box 7330?

Greetings, Carsten

I have a Fritz!box 3490 which runs without error. Except that when I first installed it in 2017 I did have problems with dropouts using the Windows desktop player of Qobuz. I changed the PC connection to another port and the problem was resolved. I went back to that original port and all was fine so who knows what was happening?

Anup is the network expert and he usually recommends disabling IGMP snooping so Stefano could look at the Fritzbox settings and doing that if it is selected as a default.

The fact that Mosaic is crashing on both Stefano’s iPhone and iPad would suggest something external to those devices as the cause, but networking on iOS is pretty robust, I can’t think of anything [networking related] that would cause Mosaic to crash as such.

@Drdonati Stefano, do you have anything uncommon turned on on the iPhone/iPad? Like VoiceOver or some such facility thats not all that common among other iPhone/iPad users? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi Thanks for your help.
No I don’t have anything of strange activated on iPhone/iPad.
Notice that the app has worked perfectly for a month. And I didn’t have make any change in network or devices.
I really don’t understand what happens.
And how to solve this issue

I’ll try to install the app on an android device.
And then I will see what happens