Incoming: Rossini Master Clock for my Rossini Apex Player

I really enjoyed my Puccini but bought it with the U-Clock and never heard it without. Upgrade to Rossini Apex was as clear an improvement as you might expect, but I have wondered since my purchase whether it could be even better with the external clock.

At the weekend I scratched the itch and my Rossini Master Clock landed today. Exciting though this is, I won’t be able to install until the weekend and don’t plan to compare with/without until mid next week.

While opinion seems divided on whether a master clock should/can/does make a worthwhile difference with a single combined device rather than with a stack, I know I need to hear this for myself; love the forum that I do, one can over-read and over-theorise and a bit of practice goes a long way!

All top and not-so-top tips gratefully received. Really looking forward to this.

My money is on you being very happy indeed, Nigel!

Hope you’re well :blush:

I’ve never heard this theory about the clock making less difference with a player than a full stack. Where did you hear that? Total poppycock in my view anyway..

I think the key to appreciating the clock is having the right expectations. I stand by my characterisation “subtle but profound”. If you expect a night-and-day difference you will be disappointed. But if you expect a small, subtle change that just makes things fall into place, well, after a while you may even view it as night-and-day!

I have noticed that people tend to react quite differently to the change (compared to,say, the APEX upgrade), so every “clock journey” is a personal one. Hope you enjoy yours!

It was about whether the master clock is aligning multiple devices or simply acting as external to a single device.

I remember your “subtle but profound” and this is where my expectations lie!

They’re two different things Nigel. Synchronising multiple digital units when connected via synchronous interconnects is a necessity in order to avoid clock drift and the accompanying pops and dropouts, whereas reducing jitter improves sound quality and applies even in a one-box scenario.

I get it. And of course now I want to search for the posts which I referred to…

All shall be well and actual listening will prevail :blush: !

All good thanks Ben, just mad busy as the “off season” comes to an end.

I shall report back!

Nigel

Exciting news Nigel, interested to hear how you like it in your system.

Living room = listening room is being repainted as I write but hopefully order shall be restored before the weekend and the listening can commence!

I just got an alarm clock. Will that improve the sound of my Bartok?

Huge improvement.

I’ve mentioned before, I would not have purchased the Rossini Player without the improvements added by the Rossini Clock.

I can’t address whether I would have purchased a Rossini Player APEX without the clock, but it certainly continues to make a huge difference in terms of soundstage and palpable placement of singers and instruments even after receiving the APEX upgrade, though I couldn’t really tell you which was the bigger improvement.

(Obnoxiously enough, I’ve also found that changing clock cables also made a huge difference, from Cardas Clear Sky to Audioquest WEL Signature.)

Yep!
Worked for me and can’t do without the Rossini Clock attached to my Bartók APEX anymore…

As everyone already said, the sound improvement is less significant than the APEX upgrade, but the clock really helps making everything more focus…

Crikey, I can’t wait to get this installed now! Decorator finishes today…

Thanks for the encouraging you-absolutely-did-the-right-thing feedback!

I said alarm clock. Wake up! :joy:

Got it.
No alarm clock won’t help.
Toaster and Kettle won’t help either…

I don’t know the Rossini, and never added a clock to my previous Bartók Apex, but adding a Clock to my Vivaldi One certainly was a good idea.

Actually, an alarm clock does help. If you get up earlier you have more time to listen to music.

Absolutely right! :grinning_face:

these? Huh. A pair of these cost more than my Rossini clock!

The clock cables aren’t that bad, or at least weren’t when I purchased mine. :man_shrugging: