How do you partner your Bartok?

I am using a David Berning ZH230 valve amp with my Bartok with great results. Might need to reduce my box count at some point and go for an integrated.
Just wondered what members of DCS community use for amplification with the Bartok.

I have been using a Burmester 911 for the last 8 months and I am really enjoyng my music

straight into ATC actives

2 Likes

I had a ZH230 for many years but upgraded to the QZ monoblocks a couple of years ago. I still use the same David Berning Pre One preamp. Until I got the QZ’s I could not find something better (for me) than the ZH230. A really awsome amplifier.

Paul

I recently reintroduced my Berning Pre back into the my system, having been quite satisfied with the 2 box (Bartók and ZH230). I have gone on record here to recommend the direct route, but the combination of Bernings Pre and Power has an additive effect that has increased my listening sessions. So the Pre stays until the Bartók gets a firmware update.

For exactly that reason, my Pre One is a keeper!

Paul

ATC 50 Active + ATC SCA2 preamp + Bartok

I tried to connect the DAC directly as digital preamp, but with ATC’s preamplifier sound better for me.
Bartok digital preamp part much better than Debussy

Balanced out into MBL Corona preamp+power. Superb

I have my Bartok going in to a Naim NAC 282 pre amp (with a Hi Cap) and then a pair of recently serviced Naim 135 power amps using Shunyata Venom V10 power cables. Sounds terrific!