Glad I didn’t wait…

I remember two years ago when the pandemic was starting to gain global media traction. I was traveling a lot, and I was also exploring the possibility of significantly improving my speaker system. In between trips in January and February, I managed to demo a lot of equipment. I came back from Tanzania to quarantine and eventual lockdown. But I was able to procure a Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler, and Clock. Then, as now, I and many others wondered if Vivaldi was too long in the tooth to safely choose. I am so glad I listened to my ears and not my doubts. I have had almost two years of blissful musical reproduction with zero regrets. Thank you dCS. Such an amazing experience.

5 Likes

Lovely post, Greg.

I’ve had the opposite experience with Vivaldis. Twice now I’ve paused for — quite honestly! — 15 minutes, and missed out on a sexy second-hand short stack of sculpted deliciousness. Once in Sweden and the second time in Valencia. Still, the rest of the holidays were a success :crazy_face:

Joking aside, along similar lines to you, I’m very happy I got the Bartok when I did. I almost kept looking at other options, but I’m so glad I didn’t. It’s been making lovely tunes for me for a few years now. We’re very lucky. So yes, thanks, Cambridge crew!

3 Likes

Good to hear from you again Greg. Imagine if you’d put off purchasing till now; it’d be not just the lost opportunity cost of your enjoyment, but you’d be be facing a potential 30% (or more) cost increase :sunglasses:

1 Like

I would echo that (albeit for a few more years), Although we anticipate a Vivaldi replacement sooner or later frankly I really don’t need one - I am so satisfied with the existing model; how much better could it be? Note I am making a distinction between desire and need. In any case looking at the forecast new price for Rossini I am pretty sure that a new flagship product is almost certainly going to be way beyond my means.Too bad :smiley:.

2 Likes

Wants become needs, and hobbies become obsessions…

1 Like