Flac radio stream support

This thread has not been answered to by dCS, either directly or by sorting out airable - or moving away from them - which is concerning.

For me, coming from Naim (NDX2, plus Atom, Muso2) who have put a lot of effort into providing many FLAC radio streams, this is a major disappointment.

Yes, I can access FLAC radio streams via Roon, but I prefer to bypass Roon when I can due to SQ reasons.

There are some MP3/AAC streams that sound OK through Mosaic e.g. KUSC, Sector Radio, but they do ‘tire’ after a while.

Can we hope for dCS to refresh this, since dropping the Network Bridage and with no firmware and hardware releases recently they must have resources available to do this

Yes, this is a long standing issue as is no provision for HLS broadcast support.

As a matter of company policy dCS do not reveal upgrades until they ship - either physically or in this case virtually. However that does not mean that a requested new feature will necessarily not be included. It depends upon technical feasibility, resource availability and demand.

Over the past couple of years dCS has released upgrades to Mosaic in December. So wait until next month to see if they do so again. You will, however, only learn of any new feature from the notes accompanying such a release and not from prior announcements.

1 Like

Now that HLS is here, what does this mean and how do I use it? Thx.

This looks like a duplicate posting added to this olld thread. It is covered here:

1 Like