Ethernet cables, WireWorld Platinum or Nordost Valhalla?

Hi all,

I’m a Nordost costumer using all the cables from the brand. I bought the Qnet and the Qsource that im using with the Nordost blue heaven from the router (Mesh Linksys) to the switch and then to the DAC i use the Heimdall 2 Ethernet Cable.

I’m thinking to up-grade buying the Valhalla to connect from the switch to the Dac, Heimdall goes from the router (Mesh Linksys) to the switch and put the blue heaven from the wall to the router (Linksys).

But i heard so much good things about the WireWorld Platinum Ethernet cable and some even say is better than the Valhalla. All the rest of my system is with Valhalla 2 and Odin 1 power cord from the wall and because the synergy’s im tented to buy the Valhalla, but i also can not ignore the price diference between the 2.

I would like to know if anyone have compare this 2 cables and if someone use the WireWorld with the Qnet and if is happy with the results.

I had order the entry level Chroma Ethernet and the WireWorld Sphere HDMI to use on my cinema room. I have to say im truly impress with the build quality of both cables and specially the Ethernet (i think the build quality is if not better at the same level of the Heimdall Ethernet but for almost 1/10 of the price) and out of the box the picture quality of video streaming was amazing.

Thanks all

1 Like

Hey Lima,

I don’t have experience with the Valhalla Ethernet cables or Qnet, but I use a full Odin Gold loom and actually a combo of the wireworld Platnum Ethernet and the red colored ones… So in my system I can tell you that it’s a great match to my ears with Nordost.

When I added a Taiko server, I did not like the Valhalla USB cable at all—ended up with a Jorma USB which I love. I also didn’t like the Nordost PC into the Taiko server and used the Jorma there as well.

So I am mostly Nordost guy for my system, but not exclusively. Wireworld makes an excellent product—but if you can, try both the red one and the platinum. In my case, it really depended on the application for which one sounded best.

I had a Heimdall 2 Ethernet running from my router to the Rossini APEX DAC and swapped that with the Wire World Platinum Starlight 8 Twinax I had running from my TV. The change was noticeable IMO in that it offered more detail than the Nordost product. My dealer seems to also be of the opinion that the WW Ethernet cables - specifically the Platinum series are the best cables WW makes and David Saltz strives to excel in that “digital” area. So, in short, I’m keeping the WW Platinum on the dCS and the Heimdall 2 on the TV.
Bob

1 Like

Late entry but wanted to share with the group. I have tried several high end Ethernet Cables, including the Shunyata Sigma, JCAT, SoTM, AQ Diamond and Siltech Royal Crown ( latest version). I recently took a chance a bought the MIND Ethernet Cable from WAY Cables based in Belgrade, Serbia. This cable was simply outstanding in terms of sound quality. It was great out of the box and improved rapidly with burn in of about 50 hours. The whole experience was great.
Miroslav Popovic, the owner is very prompt with his email responses. They don’t have a US distributor yet. So I had to order the cable directly from him. The cable was built, tested and shipped in a few days (via FedEx International).
My search for a great Ethernet cable has ended. I now have AQ Diamond from router to Innuos Phoenix Net and Moon Audio Silver Dragon from Innuos to Ediscreation FiberBox Extreme. Then the WAY cables MIND ethernet cable from the FiberBox to a Rossini.
I have no personal/financial relationship with WAY cables- this is an honest " what-I -could-hear" opinion.
Happy listening.

2 Likes

I love all the silver cables that utilize a crystalline structure with the goal of reducing grain boundaries. So far, I have tried monocrystal cables from Albedo, Crystal, and Siltech, and I love them all. I have also tried OCC silver and long grain silver. I noticed that the MIND Ethernet cable features single crystal silver solid wires, which likely have similar traits of superior refinement.

Thanks for your feedback!

I use a Rossini Apex and clock, with an Innuos switch, and I have tried quite a few ethernet cables. Nordust did not work on my Verity speakers, but I have tried the Platinum If you can get your hands one one of the Ansuz cables ,from D-series or higher try it , just to see if it gives you anything The D is far better then the platinum on all parameters. It can be used without active shielding, but will improve further.

They have just brought out a new series 3 of all cables so you might find a good deal on the previous models.

Sorry to quote this 6 month old post but I presume you mean streamer/DAC: which model is this? The Rossini?
I know it feels counter-intuitiive but the best ethernet cables elsewhere in a system may not be the best in the final leg if this is switch-to-streamer as it depends on how (at which end/ends) the shield is grounded. This may be why some people mix up their cable brands in the ethernet space.

Like Bob, i also bought the Wireworld Platinum starlight 8…. Was a noticeable difference. Was warmer, more well rounded - smoother - than the AQ cinnamon i had. FWIW I didn’t notice any difference between the AQ Cinnamon and a standard mono price Ethernet cord.

Highly recommend the Wireworld

1 Like

I see so many great reviews of the Paltinum but at this time i feel my system sings so good that i dont wanna change nothing. It’s that time when i think, that’s good for life. The only I think I’m considering is the dac to the Vivaldi (if i can magane to put on my “rack”).

I felt the same way as you - but an esteemed member here said you have a 35K DAC… dont you think it might benefit a bit from a better $ Ethernet cord.

He was right!

I dont have an 35K€ dac, it’s the Bartók Apex. Maybe he is right but i already have the Heimdall Ethernet from the router to the switch and from the switch to the dac. From the wall i have the blue heaven. It’s good cables but i dont really felt a lot of diference, the biggest diference came from the Nordost Qnet and Qsource. I’m afraid that the cable will not translate in a significant diference and i don’t know an Wireworld dealer in Portugal.

Heimdall to Valhalla 2 probably more important… significant improvement. It will be very noticeable

The Heimdall 2 is double-shielded and Valhalla 2 is triple-shielded; both are great cables anywhere in a network except between switch and streamer. Both cables have the shield grounded at both ends and the shield can therefore act as a noise conductor, undoing much of the benefit of the galvanic isolation (and/or other goodness) provided by the switch. It’s definitely worth trying both an unshielded cable (eg Cat 6) here and something like a Melco C100 which has the shield grounded at only one end; this end should be installed at the switch and the floating end at the streamer. This applies to any switch, including the QNet, connected to any streamer.
(Cable length should not be an issue as a switch should already be installed 0.5m to 1m from the streamer for maximum impact).

2 Likes