Does anyone have experience with matching Accuphase and Verity with Dcs?

Hello. I use an accuphase 3850 preamplifier and a pair of A-200 monoblocks, and Verity Audio Lohengrin speakers. I intend to buy a Rossini, not an Apex and clock.
Does anyone have experience with matching Sccuphase and Verity with Dcs?

I am grateful for feedback.
Regards Ole

In the earlier days of dCS the UK distributor was also the distributor of Accuphase and Verity Audio. So I heard them demonstrated together on several occasions. A lovely combination.

Now we are a couple of generations further on with all of the brands but I would wager that this remains an excellent combination.

So all you really need to know is the best way to connect and configure Rossini and there is plenty on that in the archives here.

3 Likes

Thank you Pete, I have had one complete Elgar stack before and one bridge so I am a little familiar Wirth the DCS setup, but I will read myself up.

I would consdier the dCS sound more or less neutral, which should match just fine with the Accuphse. I expect it will be a great combination.

1 Like

I’m using an Accuphase C-2900, A-48 but with Dynaudio Confidence-20 speakers with my Rossini DAC/clock. A fine combination.

1 Like

Hi, I’m using a c3900 and A300 with the dCS Vivaldi and I love it. I think the neutrality and detail of the dCS sound matches the liveliness of the Accuphase sound really well. I would not hesitate to pair them.

Hallo Kirll.
Thanks for your reply.
How do you feel that the image of the lament conveys dynamism and pace and speed? in your system? I hope that the class a sound of the Accuphase will be a good match with the Rossini, and that I Can get more “growe” into the sound mix(along with the priority and the rest of the positivs that goes with the DCS sound. I have tried the Lumin X1 and the Aurender W20 and was not happy with any of them. I liked the Cary DMS 700, but it had problems with its volume settings (3 or 6 V out pluss 8 DB to achieve direct mode and bypass of the internal volume control and it had no phase switch for its XLR output).

Big Accuphase fan. Haven’t heard many of them, but liked the biggest integrated very much indeed. Can only imagine your monos would be better, and if you could drive them direct perhaps better still. Lovely bits of kit. Let us know how you get on!

Edited to add: I heard the Accuphase with a Vivaldi One and Vivaldi Clock and a pair of Wilson Alexx V. So the system was no slouch. Did not feel the Accuphase held it back in any way.

Hallo.
I will let you know how it works out.
Regards Ole

Vivaldi APEX directly connected to A-250 driving B&W 800 D3.
I also have a C-3850, but do not really miss it in the system.

Vivaldi APEX with C-3850 in the system required Mapping 1. With Mapping 3 I had the impression, that some details were missing.
Vivaldi APEX without C-3850 was slightly too analytical with Mapping 1. Preferred Mapping 3 without C-3850.

3 Likes

That’s interesting - I would maybe consider connecting Vivaldi directly into my amps, but I also have a pair of b&w DB1Ds that I use for the bass that are connected to my c3900. I do need to play around with the different mapping algorithms though.
To the original poster, if you enjoy the Accuphase class A sound as much as I do, it is going to sound absolutely marvelous with the dCS equipment.

1 Like

Thanks for all your feedback and replies.

One DCS Rossini player and clock on board.

Regards Ole

4 Likes

I would suggest XLR to your A-300 and RCA to the DB1Ds, both from Vivaldi.
(You may find, that you may not need the DB1Ds.)

I will try the DB1Ds direct. I do find that DB1Ds help with the midrange definition in my room more than anything else, as they are powered, i can tune them to the room with the built in room analyzer and they are a lot more efficient in terms of the bass. At my normal listening volume, my A300s are normally only between 5-10 watts.

1 Like

Very similar experiences here with subs, Kirill. Love what they do to even out the room’s low frequency response — not just augmenting it! — and what this smoothing does to the midrange. Really opens things up :+1:

1 Like

Well, technically I cannot quite follow you here.
The Subs cover about three octaves at the bottom (10Hz - 80Hz), depending on where the crossover frequency was set. Frequencies above the crossover are only partly affected, though the Subs frequency response goes up to 350Hz (an additional 2 octaves above 80Hz). 10Hz and 350Hz are likely to be the -6dB points.

The better way would be to use a full range electronic room correction like a DG-68. In order to get this working, you need to separate the streaming from the upsampling function by adding a separate streamer (I use a NWB for this).

For people needing playback of silver discs, use an Accuphase transport together with the DG-68.

Thanks for the input and I’m guessing you are technically correct and further optimization could be achieved with a room optimizer like DG-68, however I’m not looking to add another box or possibly two to my system at this point. To my ears, the subs are helping to diminish the resonances inside the speaker cabinets (801d4s), thus allowing the midrange to be reproduced with less distortion. There may also be a benefit similar to biamping from having a separate amplifier inside each sub to drive that part of the frequency range and allowing my A300 to be in the high- and mid range. After I introduced the subs into the picture, there is a better separation of the bass and the mid range, as well as a much deeper bass which is important with the music I like to listen to.

P.S. also, I forgot to add, the DB1Ds have an app which allows them to be optimized to the room when you set them up (I believe this is somewhat unique to these subs, although I may be mistaken). They are also matched to the 801D4s in the app, likely allowing for optimized crossover.