DCS Bartok and Shunyata CGS (Chassis Grounding System)

Hello, just wondering if there are any Bartok owners that have it grounded via a Shunyata CGS product like the Gemini or Altaira? I was wondering specifically where you grounded it to the Shunyata product. Via a chassis screw or one of the input ports on the DCS DAC?

Thanks!

Not Bartok but Vivaldi, but that actually makes no difference. I have connected all ground cables to the chassis of all devices. DAC, clock, streamer and power amplifier. Fortunately, I was able to use a speaker chassis part with the DAC and clock. For me a clear improvement and highly recommended.

2 Likes

Sorry, in fact i did grounded all my system included my Bartók Apex but with the Nordost QKore 6 and let me tell you it was one of the best up-grades for the money.

2 Likes

How exactly did you ground your Bartok? Did you use one of the Inputs? Or via the chassis too?

I did via one of the inputs RCA, IMO you dont have any point of the dCS that can drive better the ground than a RCA outlet. I never thought it could make such a diference…

Got it… thanks for the replies guys

1 Like

(Disclaimer: I am a Shunyata dealer.)

I’m enjoying the effects of an Altaira demo kit and it’s not even fully hooked up. I’m waiting for the right cables to hook up the Vivaldi Clock and SRS clocks and the darTZeel gear (which is going to swallow a full six grounding cables between preamp, amp and the Altaira hubs). It’s already sounding good with just the Rossini and preamp hooked up with RCA and BNC tails, though.

Looking forward to (very nicely) asking my other half to help me run some with/without tests.

To answer your question about where to connect the Altaira and the Bartok: I’m going to try three spots when I have the required bits:

1. Chassis screw as shown on the pic @ruudvde posted. I’ll also use a binding post as shown.
  2. Chassis screw on the black area of the DAC’s rear — around the outside of the panel with all the connectors. Ditto re: binding post.
  3. Using a tail (XLR, RCA, BNC, USB etc.) into a connection on the rear of the DAC.

#3 is what I’m using now, but I expect #1 or #2 to provide a better connection. Hope that helps! I’ll report back with results when I’ve tried them all.

4 Likes

Hello Ben,

I actually followed Shunyata’s instructions on how to test for continuity but wasn’t sure if I was reading the meter correctly and wanted to double confirm via a post here. Yep, your post definitely helps a lot. Thanks!

Btw, where can I get a speaker binding post part like you guys have? Amazon?

Sorry, I don’t know where to buy the right type. I still had them lying around from my old Duntech speakers. I used two myself and gave the other two to a friend for his Rossini DAC and clock who also has the Alraira.

No worries :slight_smile: