dCS Apex series is here

They have one?

My dealer said dCS isn’t shipping them (at least in the US) until March.

Yeah, and I’d like to see the DSD DoP dropped start of song bug fixed too, but I’m not holding my breath.

I saw that too…but until now nothing on the upgrade program…

Yes. It was in their set-up today. Quick listen with the dCS stack, with the Wilson XVX and the Relentless amps and pre-amp.

My dealer told me that every owner of dCS gear that applies for the Apex upgrade will get a email about the upgrade programme, and price and procedure. We have to be more patient, but soon.

My dealer said same but also talked with dCS and said orders can be put in queue for upgrade so like Greg I am now in queue as well for the upgrade.

Well?

We’re all waiting though clearly it wasn’t broken in yet.

Alright, Thanks for the information, the first reviews will be very interesting to read…I am really happy that dCS has made the decision to upgrade rather than replacing the Vivaldi line…I red today that the price of the aluminium jumped…That was not the worst news of course, but if we only talk about dCS products…it is not a good news either…

The entire system sounded great but II couldn’t tell how to attribute what to the Vivaldi APEX DAC. I’ll just probably go with the upgrade based on faith.

I agree about upgrading rather than replacing at least for now. If the rumors of a 4 box replacement (without transport) were true I doubt I would have made the move. Too much space and another power cord… and probably a lot more money.

JSAudio? I bought my Rossini+clock from them

No Paragon Sight and Sound in Ann Arbor.

As far as I understand the diff is essentially in the analog section not shown in the pics.

It looks like they’ve changed the resistors in the pictures above. My understanding is that it’s now possible to manufacture them to much tighter tolerances and this may be something they’ve done to improve the sound - as well as changing the analogue output stage.

Dunno. I’m going to want to see (and better yet, hear) some substantial changes before shelling out close to 9k. Details and impressions are zero so far, yet there are orders being lined up for the upgrade. Sorry, think I’ll sit this one out.

Let’s see what additional info they release on March 4th. Looking forward to some more technical detail!

Regarding the pricing I understand this is a luxury product and pricing takes many factors into account. Just feels better when you get a fancy box, etc for you money!

To put this in perspective, the upgrade cost for the single Apex circuit board is more than I paid for my Vivaldi clock brand new from the AD 1.5 years ago!!

1 Like

They have not. It’s just the angle of the lighting. Search for other pics, you’ll see.

Yes, but that’s because you got a great deal Jeff. MSRP on the Clock was $14k. From my POV, that’s a different perspective.

As a UK Vivaldi stack owner, so far, I have only read Apex upgrade suggested costs in US Dollars or Euros!

Today, I received a telephone call from my UK dCS dealer, Studio AV (Chobham), who confirmed that the Apex upgrade to my Vivaldi DAC, would be £6,000 including VAT and that dCS had dedicated their first month’s attention to processing new orders for Vivaldi and Rossini Apex DAC’s.

My dealer has a Rossini Apex DAC (which is supposed to be superior in performance to a non-Apex Vivaldi DAC and they will be bringing it to me for a home demonstration, on 10th March.

I will report back with my experience!

11 Likes

Fair enough. I guess the resistors could still be from the same manufacturer, but different - it’s difficult to see any markings from these pictures.