dCS : any opportunities of Leedh Processing?

Thanks for the clarification Pete. Understand better now.

Lumin integrated the Leedh Processing in the M1 (the FDA amplifier with network capabilities) and the first streamer, the A1. Quite old products. Anyway let’s see what the future will tell :slight_smile:

Yeah, I know [I own a Lumin A1 still], but those are very different products and architectures from dCS. As I said above, I don’t know that something like Leedh can/can’t be implemented, but given the way dCS appears to manage their product lines, upgrade/update rollouts, and EOL cycles, etc., I’m just not expecting to see Leedh in the current product lines.

1 Like

Terrific discussion everyone. Even if LEEDH doesn’t make an audible improvement in dCS’ future or current products, they need to be careful from a sales and marketing perspective as Pete points out. If many manufacturers adopt LEEDH and dCS doesn’t, it may look like they’re avoiding LEEDH due to a NIH (Not Invented Here) position.

My understanding of LEEDH is that it only has benefits those that want to eliminate a pre-amp. As I mentioned earlier in this post, I’m now convinced that I need to use a pre-amp especially for low listening levels. I’m not 100% happy with this as I thought one of the benefits of the Rossini was saving the extra cost of a pre-amp and associated cables.

If LEEDH narrows the gap between dCS and Lumin products, then I’m unlikely to purchase any next generation of dCS product as I suspect the cost will be other-worldly. BTW, Lumin was brilliant about their implementation of LEEDH by allowing a user to enable/disable it, thus giving the listener a chance to judge for themselves.