DAC: Rossini vs Vivaldi

You are right…Only for the tense…because it is even cheaper now because you can only buy a second hand NB :laughing:

Nothing mechanical inside…it can last several years, at least enough time to spare fir a Vivaldi Upsampler or the next “composer” Upsampler available in the future…Actually I was a little bit disappointed by the Rossini, I expected better and that us why I bought the Vivaldi, even though it was expensive for me too

If only, however I just checked some prices for used NBs. They are going for more than my one cost brand new two years ago.

1 Like

Waouhh, eventually the CEO of dCS was right…dCS compares with Patek Philip :laughing:

1 Like

Historically, I found the same, however, my experience of the (relatively recent) Chord TT2 with their M Scaler (which has adjustable upsampling rates) changed this. I prefer the presentation of my Rossini, but the M Scaler pulled out ever increasing (and surprising) amounts of detail as you increase the upsampling rates.

This might be a possible reason dCS leave upsampling as a fixed setting.

Upsampling is only fixed on the Rossini (and lower) platforms. On the Vivaldi, the upsampling rates are completely configurable.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I’ve yet to listen to the Vivaldi… I haven’t risked it so far!

1 Like