CanJam NYC 2023: What's dCS showing?

I have no use for headphones so from my perspective I would prefer dCS to focus on Vivaldi’s SQ. As I have noted elsewhere I have do desire for additional boxes and the associated cabling in my Vivaldi (or its replacement) set-up.

I hear that. I don’t think Expanse requires any new boxes or cabling for our Vivaldi stacks. I don’t want any of that either. But it would make the possibility of integrating some headphones into my living room very intriguing.

I am pretty certain Expanse is implemented in the DSP stack we all have. It was far from existence when Rossini came out and it is now there.

Surely Expanse can be made available to Vivaldi and I am pretty sure it will. You must all understand the tolerance for a hick-up is pretty low amongst this crowd so thorough testing is required and that takes time and effort.

Why Rossini first? Because of differentiation now that there’s an Apexed Bartok plus it is a bit of a stepping into the higher end market and see how it goes.

3 Likes

As I mentioned elsewhere, getting Apex first on Vivaldi made sense, while moving Expanse up from Bartok also makes sense to me. All good.

1 Like

@James if I may ask, is that a custom HRS EXR stand you guys are using for the Lina stack at CanJam NYC? :thinking:

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the (reasonably) new HRS EXR rack in a smaller size, Anup, as you say. And that it’s available to order as with all their other racks. Saw mention of it on a price list recently. Will go digging!

Yeah, here you go:

3 Likes

Thanks Ben! :grin:

The HRS stuff is so lovely. Just put a deposit in for two racks. Hurt. But so, so excited :blush:

1 Like

Yes sir, that is an HRS EXRH (I presume the H is for Headphone).

We had a productive day borrowing headphones from other manufacturers yesterday, so today we have on show:

• Focal Utopia
  • Focal Utopia 2022
  • Focal Stellia
  • HifiMan Susvara
  • Spirit Torino Centauri
  • ZMF Caldera
  • Meze Elite
  • Meze Empyrean
  • Audeze LCD-5
  • Audeze MM-500
  • Abyss 1266
  • Sennheiser HD800S

If anyone is attending the show, be sure to stop by! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good to know, thanks James! :pray:t2::smiley:

Silver or Black :crazy_face::laughing:

1 Like

I guess, one silver, one black :smile:

1 Like

Nailed it. Quite right :slight_smile:

One for the preamp, DAC, clock and power conditioner (silver rack) and the other for headphone stuff (black).

3 Likes

I wish they had some sort of attachment for headphones on the stand.

Has anyone been smart enough to do this? I always end up doing my own hangers.

1 Like

I know of only two devices, stand or amp that’s really thought about headphone storage and that’s the Manley Absolute and the Focal Arche. I personally do not like the way the Arche looks (or sounds for that matter). The Manley sounds good but not as good as our Woo WA33.

2 Likes

I think we’re talking about two different things. I know about the Manley and the Arche. I was referring to an actual audio rack that had provision for headphone

I was too, sorry for the confusion. I meant to say I’ve never seen a headphone or full-sized equipment rack with headphone hangers/ storage. I’ve only seen two pieces of audio gear with storage.

1 Like

For under $12 USD, this suited my needs – can be mounted either vertical or horizontal.

1 Like

Here’s a link for anyone who is interested. I use something similar st my desk and on my headphone rack.

1 Like