Bartók with Headphone Amplifier : which headphones and cable are you using?

almost the same setup,

i’ve meze elite instead,

hifirose rs250, bartók/headamp, rossini clock, brise yatono-HP ultimate

1 Like

My Bartok just arrived - I’m using the HD800S with good results but it is early days. I would be interested to hear from other Bartok + HD800S users which setting you are using. I use either -10DB or -20DB setting depending on the progaramme material (mostly classical for me) to keep the volume between the recommended -30 and -10 level

Hifiman HE-1000 SE with Arctic Cables Signum + (silver wires, balanced connector)

Focal Stellia with Forza Audioworks Noir Hybrid HPC (copper/silver)

Both sounds excellent with Bartok

What do you like best about it? It‘s a pure copper cable, if I‘m not mistaken.

Does anyone use the Focal Utopia 2022?

1 Like

Focal Utopia 2017. For my money, other than my Stax electrostatics, it is the best headphone around.
Caveat - it sounds different to Utopia 2022 - and some prefer the original.

• original included Focal cable was poor - an aftermarket cable is required. I use a Norne Valkyrie hybrid copper/silver

Dan Clark’s Stealth with Oidio Mongrel cable. The DCA replaced a pair of Focal Utopia’s.

1 Like

Interesting. I currently have the Stealth - it and the Meze Elite are my mainstays.

I was curious about the Utopia as I’ve never heard it before (or the previous version). It sounded like it might be like the Stealth but with a bit more body to it.

Depending on the setup and the music source, the Utopia can sound like a 16-speaker surround sound system in a car except that the bass is not felt through the entire body for obvious reasons. If you have a surround sound system in your car or know someone who does, crank up the volume on ALAC files and listen. That’s what it sounds like with Apple Music and good cables.