Happily using Bartok for three months with no problems. Suddenly we have loud dc pops in the left channel when changing input - even when muted. Also randomly hearing distortion pops and crackles in left channel - especially with hires tracks. Advice and help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.
Welcome to the forum! I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. A few questions for you:
- What source are you using into the Bartók?
- What is it connected up to? (amps, speakers, headphones etc.)
Thank you very much for the prompt reply - excellent. We have a qnap nas input by Ethernet via Cisco switch. Driving atc150 active monitors.
Also using tidal via mosaic. Thank you.
Perfect, thanks for the info.
- Are you using the balanced or unbalanced outputs of the Bartók?
- Does the issue occur on the other connection, if you have the option to use it?
- If you swap the left and right output cables from the Bartók around, does the issue now move to the right speaker or does it stay on the left?
Balanced use only.
Just using Ethernet in.
Haven’t swapped channels.
Thank you very much.
Problem also triggered by changing inputs - creates loud static in left channel independent of volume. Need to power off unit to stop.
Okay, that’s good to know. I’ll send you a private message as it might be very useful to get a short video of the issue happening if possible.
Just disconnected all inputs except Ethernet (main one we use anyway)
Swapped outputs - get a dc pop in right speaker now with power on.
Crackling now in right speaker after swapping channels - have video. Thank you very much