Bartok Apex Upgrade

Do we actually have a definite idea of the apex upgrade price?
I heard from 9900 euros in europe to 60k hkd in HK to 4500$ now, it seems all over the place?
And is it 100% definite that there will be two prices? one if you purchased <2 years and one >2 years?

Hello
Sorry for late answers, but as a new participant, my daily posts are limited.

@PHC
I called them last week to organize another listening session with any APEX. I am waiting their call back.

@Vlade
Mentioning your REW measurements is enough for me :wink: I am also using REW…
Did you write somewhere your listening comparisons?

Kind regards
Thierry

I have an invoice from my dealer for $6100 + $700 for shipping and handling both ways and of course the pound of flesh the governments take from us here in Canada. Total $7616. CDN
Turnaround he says is about 6 weeks.

1 Like

Welcome and congrats on the Bartok!

@Skywatcher @Adrian If I had favourites I’d not need so many headphones. Each does different things, and — for now at least — I’m happy enough to keep them all around.

Buuuuuut. If I had to save them from a fire, I’d probably pick them up (staying low, coughing) in this order:

1. 1266 Phi TC
  2. X9000
  3. Raal Requisite SR1a (the original interface sans switch out of a good power amp is soooooo nice)
  4. Audeze XC (ahead of the Empyrean only because I like the wood on mine)
  5. Meze Empyrean (has to be with a great cable, though)
  6. Grado RS2e

(The Susvara and the Stealth I sold. They were great, but too much overlap with the X9000, and I have to keep the Eksonic T2 busy with something :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

I was quoted $9000 + shipping and tax USD. That was the only option. My dealer could have looked me up and seen that my Bartok was more than 2 years old.

Anyone else with a less than 2 year old Bartok get quoted at $4500?

how old is your unit?

Interesting that you rate the Abyss above the X9000 + T2. Also interesting that you rate the Raal so highly since you must like the 1266 for “Dat bass” and the SR1a are lacking in that area from what I’ve heard. The Meze definitely need a good silver cable imo. Have you heard the Elite as well?
I assume Susvara and Stealth had overlap, but not as good :slight_smile:

Gents…seems your headphone convo, although interesting, is a tad off topic for a thread discussing the Bartok Apex upgrade

1 Like

Fair! Ceasing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anybody know if the headphone amp on the Bartok is being updated as part of the APEX upgrade? I know it says output stage, but to a layman like myself, that could mean one of several things :slight_smile:

The Apex upgrade is effectively the same operation whether it is a Vivaldi, Rossini , Bartok or Bartok HP. So you can conclude from this that the headphone amp itself is not included in this as only one of these products has one. More details are here :

The analogue output of the Apex DAC section which feeds the internal headphone amp is changed and this alongside the other Apex upgrades will provide an outcome of improving what is heard via the headphone amp.

3 Likes

Thank you Pete :smile:

My distributor today published the new dCS price-list.

Bartók APEX : Euro 22.500 (non-Apex was Euro 19.900)
Bartók HDAC APEX : Euro 25.500 (non-Apex was Euro 25.000)

Bartók APEX upgrade : Euro 9.900

1 Like

I did not buy my Bartok HDAC 15600 €, so if I upgrade to Apex, I will pay way more than the new client…

It seems the Rossini player has had another price increase, 36500 now.

Think the remote is included now.

It was already Euro 36.500 per 1st January.

It has always been included with the Player.

Ah ok, missed the price increase in January, cannot keep up with all of them :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes