Bartók 2.0 : A Substantial Performance Upgrade

on ipad app

1 Like

That is a typo in the release notes, my apologies, I did not spot that. It should read DSDx2. The three Upsampling options are:

• DXD
  • DSD
  • DSDx2
1 Like

okok

thanks very much,

very exciting to try out the new stuff now

james,

can you explain a bit more about each of the new mapper options?

thanks

1 Like

Remember you have to let the software burn-in for a few days. New bits can be a tad sticky at first and need to loosen-up… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

review different between Map 1, 2 and 3 :

thx for the tips,

I downloaded and listened to the Bartok 2.0 upgrade (via headphones only). Quick impression with Mapper 1 playing - I noticed I could hear background spatial queues (hall ambiance and decays) a bit more clearly. This gave me the impression that the overall sonic picture is a little larger. Will listen via 2 channel later today

Nothing new feature wise, just some general background housekeeping for Rossini & Vivaldi.

1 Like

can you explain please ?

Just a wonderful update…Many thanks to the dCS team!

1 Like

Okay… the update is terrific. All the additional settings are there. Up at 5AM EST and got right in to the server. Probably 30-45 minutes to complete the process. Very smooth, no glitches.
Using my same settings; filter 1 and DSD filter 3… the sound is much more open. The stage is wider so more detail. One would say the sound is more clear, less congested. Sounds most improved for larger orchestral music. My dealer advised not to get Rossini right away as this was coming. So correct, this is great. And I paid for it with the purchase of the Bartok. Thanks dCS.
Now, wonder what additional difference a clock would make?

1 Like

Merely my feeble attempt at humour. We audiophools worry about lots of things, but luckily software burn-in isn’t one of them.

4 Likes

Piano is particularly better then before with Bartok 2.0 in Mapper 1 and 3 (DXD F4) Violoncello also ,better in Mapper 3 . DXD filter 3 or 4. I need to try now DSD X2 …Thank you dCS for so big improvement.

5 Likes

Help !!!
I’m making the upgrade but it’s blocked , from 1 hour, what can i do ?
The status says , receiving 320/4096 chuncks

Curious to know the “real” differences with an old Rossini now!

I think there is just the physical difference linked to the second power supply but having previously had a discrete msb with the 2 separate power supplies, the difference was not that huge

The bartok has become divine

1 Like

I’m guessing you should just wait. The server is busy with all the upgrade.
Anybody else have this issue? Starting over may be a bigger mess.

1 Like

This change in the Bartok is enough that I’m now adjusting the placement of my Yvette speakers slightly. Amazing.

2 Likes

I’m new to the world of dCS and a new Bartok owner. I woke up at 6 AM EST to load this version. It went off fine except for restart which I had to do manually.I’m absolutely thrilled with the new release of software. It was good before and certainly even better after the release.

1 Like

My upgrade went perfectly. I assumed going off-line twice was just part of the process. Now, I need to take a listen. :slightly_smiling_face: I am excited about this update.

1 Like