Any experiences with Ayre AX-5 Integrated and dCS DACs

Have an Ayre AX-5 coming next week and was curious if any one is using a dCS DSC with this integrated. Good synergy, thoughts, comments?

I wouldn’t say that Ayre and dCS are often paired together, but that has more to do with dealer line cards and distribution than anything. I’ve heard the pairing in a number of systems and the result was outstanding. Highly recommended!

1 Like

I use dCS NB connected to Ayre QX-5/20 connected to Ayre AX-5/20. It bested any other combination I tried with the AX-5. One component such as Bartok would easily substitute NB and QX-5 for an excellent final result though. If You have a chance give it a try.

Thanks @Andew and @Vule for the updates!

I realise this may be a bit late but I only joined the forum yesterday!
I have a Bartok which feeds a Ayre AX5 Twenty. The combination is outstanding. The only thing I would add is I started with single ended RCA connections but changed to XLR balanced. There was a dramatic improvement in sound quality. I guess this is because The AX5 is a fully balanced amp. Anyway since its arrival The Bartok has made my LP12 virtually redundant!

I would not like to suggest what is the cause of the sonic improvement that you have experienced so this is just to point out that the single ended and balanced output circuits for all dCS DACs are both discrete and not of similar design and therefore may produce different subjective opinions in their own right.