Analogue input for a dcs rossini / bartok

Hello
Has anyone tried to connect an anlogue input such as a turntable to a dcs rossini / bartok?
What ADC is recommended? and does this path have any detrimental impact on the signal ?
Thanks and regards
Sven

Digital room correction (e.g. Accuphase, Trinnov, miniDSP) requires digitalization of an analog source like a turntable. Some of these devices contain an ADC.
The attainable sound quality depends on a multitude of elements:
turntable / tonearm / cartridge / tonearm cable / phono pre / analog interconnect to ADC.
The ADC itself can only convert the quality of the analog signal, which is fed to it.
The better the ADC, the closer you get to the original analog sound.

IMHO an ADC only makes sense, if you need digitized phono signals for digital recording or digital room correction. Then the ADC should be of truly professional quality.

A Nagra Seven two track digital recorder with its line input level controls would certainly do an outstanding job. (SQ from a Nagra VI with similar electronics gives excellent results.)
If you are into room correction, an Accuphase DG-68 will work well. (The ADCs of previous Accuphase models or the Trinnov did not fully satisfy me.)

Thanks for your detailed reply and very sorry that I forgot to answer. I have now ordered a Rossini Player Apex but would like to play the odd record or cassette and am exploring using a small ADC device such as a Wadia 150. Does anyone have experience of using one of these? I liked the results that I obtained by connecting my Rega RP10 / Nakamichi Dragon into the Meridian 808v6 pre amp/dac/cd transport (the Meridian digitizes the analogue signal and upsampled it and this sounded much better than running the RP10 directly into a PS Audio Reference tube pre amp!) . I wonder whether somehting similar can be achieved with the rossini ? Thanks

To play a record on your Rega RP10 you will need a phono preamp and an ADC.
For playing a cassette an ADC alone will do.

My old system -
Rp10 > aria phono stage > meridian 808 pre amp
Nakamichi dragon > meridian 808 pre amp .

The 808 will be replaced by a Rossini player apex ( on order ) and I have sold my rp10 and dragon .

I do own other tape decks and record players and I may want to introduce these into my main system . The Rossini will be the heart of that system and I am wondering if any one has tried an ADC and if they have which one ? Thanks

I want an analog input for home theatre bypass, and it doesn’t need analog volume control. I don’t want to add an expensive analog preamp to a combined system that already has an AV receiver. It’s already too difficult to keep cables seaprated.

Has anyone had success with an ADC, and does it switch inputs seamlessly?