A note from dCS Managing Director, David Steven

Dear friends of dCS,

During this unprecedented and challenging time, the safety and well-being of our employees remains our first priority.

Throughout the last few weeks we have followed the UK government policy which currently states that people must socially distance from each other and can only leave home for essential shopping or to travel to work if their duties cannot be performed at home. For several weeks, we’ve been adapting our business in response to the pandemic, for example implementing stricter hygiene policies, reconfiguring workspaces to ensure safe distances and introducing a work from home policy for all staff where it has been practical to do so.

At the same time, we have also been planning to temporarily close the factory part of our business as this work cannot be performed remotely. This temporary closure, effective close of business Friday 27th March 2020, will allow our Production staff to be at home and socially distance from others during a critical time for our country and its health services. We hope this temporary measure plays a very small part in helping the UK get on top of the situation and manage the spread of this virus.

Our decision to close the factory will be reviewed weekly by myself and the Directors but in the meantime myself plus our R&D, Technical Support and Marketing staff continue to work from their remote locations. Our sales team are still taking orders and assisting dealers, distributors and end users through our usual channels and our aim is for the factory to be back fully operational within 2-3 weeks.

Thank you to our valued partners in distribution and retail for the immense effort you have expended working through these difficult times. I respect the tough decisions many of you have made to close your own businesses in order to protect the health of your staff and others.

Whilst the scale of this pandemic is unprecedented, I hope everyone of you and those close to you come through this in good health. That is all that matters.

Further updates will be provided as the situation develops and you can keep in touch with us via our social media channels where we are sharing content to lift our spirits and keep the music playing. Also, should you require technical assistance then please contact us on our community forum or via our website.

In the meantime, please stay safe, stay connected with loved ones and I wish you all good health.

Best

David Steven

8 Likes