What's spinning February 2022

Personally I also like her “Sunset in The Blue”, I think, just as much.

2 Likes

So do I. It’s a remarkable recording…

2 Likes

This is one of my favourites. Beautifully performed, and excellent RQ by Channel Classics.

This another favourite. What a voice!

Elbow - “At the Ritz”
Thank you Qobuz.
Hope the image works :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

afbeelding

1 Like

afbeelding

I have had a listen, and agree with your assessment.

Very good stuff indeed.

1 Like

Just downloaded from Sound Liaison. I already had their Embrace Me, which I like a lot, but this for me is better and SQ is top of the chart.

1 Like

That’s good to know, thanks Greg.

‘Embrace Me’ is one of my favourites. The other day, I noticed this new album on the NativeDSD website, but I got sidetracked…
I’ll definitely check it out again.

I’ve downloaded it and, after the first listen, it’s now in my favourites folder.
Thanks for jogging my memory!

1 Like

HAEVN - Eyes Closed

712PJbkKfRL.AC_UY436_QL65

8105Wg4SV5L.AC_UY436_QL65

Jan Douwe Kroeske presents: 2 Meter Session #1698 - The Slow Show

1 Like

I was able to take in my first concert since the pandemic started. Víkingur Ólafsson
performed his Mozart & Contemporaries recital at Koerner hall in Toronto last night. The performance was an out of body experience.

I was able to compare the live performance with the high res recording through my Bartok right after the event. Tonally it was spot on. Although there is no way my Harbeth SHL5+ can reproduce the full scale, weight and dynamics of a Steinway grand, I was pleasantly surprised how well the Bartok is able to render a coherent picture of the recorded event. It is unlike anything else I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

https://tidal.com/album/206287163

Keren Ann & Quatuor Debussy

1 Like

@PAR With your extensive knowledge of the classical genre, it would be great if you’d start a new thread on the subject,
If you don’t have the time, or inclination, I’ll have a stab at it.
What do you think?