Vivaldi One v. Rossini Apex

Yes, someone is playing moderator :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Maybe @anon30536008 who already objected to the drifting. If so, he can explain his behaviour, I hope.

I give up sometimes with all this forum stuff, it was only a picture of my turntable as I saw another dcs owner has the same as me

2 Likes

Personally I think it is crazy that a forum member can “play moderator” and block anything they choose.
It is more appropriate to flag something and then let someone from dCS decide whether or not it gets removed.

A forum member at any time can decide to “play king for a day”?

Guys - watch out - you better stay on my good side otherwise I may get an itchy trigger finger😉

2 Likes

It was @anon30536008 who flagged the 3 posts. He earned his First Flag badge 3 hours ago, the same time the 3 posts here were flagged:

https://dcs.community/badges/13/first-flag?username=whitecube

Thank you, Marco. You must feel superior to us :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Miguelito, which clock do you use ?

dCS Rossini Clock

Why not Vivaldi?

Why people buy a Porsche Boxster instead of 911 Turbo S ?

…a Porsche Boxster is a superb car…

There is a very big difference between vivaldi and Rossini clock. I began with u clock , than scarlatti and ended with scarlatti clock with my Rossini dac player. Already thé Rossini is exceptinnal of musicality, but when you add a clock like the vivaldi you enter into a not her world. And this last one open the door of 10mhz master clock, and you will discover a new universe…

I have not been able to make the comparison yet, but I expect that the Vivaldi clock is closer to the Scarlatti. I base this expectation on the fact that the Rossini clock that I tried was noticeably less good than the Scarlatti clock I had. If the Scarlatti clock would have been able to output the two base-rates simultaneously I would certainly have kept it.

I’ll wait to learn what the ‘Apex’ upgrade might be. Then I’ll decide to maybe try the Vivaldi Clock and buy in conjunction with an Apex upgrade (if that will come…)

But back to the original topic: I would keep the Vivaldi One… even if only because it is such a unique product in the dCS range!

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t understand… I have a Rossini with a Rossini Clock.

Pretty sure that Tyg is just wondering why not pair a Vivaldi Clock with the Rossini.

He’s right that going from Rossini to Vivaldi Clock makes quite a difference…unfortunately it affects both sound waves and wallet heft :laughing:

It would make more sense to move to a Vivaldi with a Rossini clock. Regardless, I am considering other options.

That’s a combo I’ve not tried — you might be right.

But if someone finds a Vivaldi Clock knocking around for demo — or second hand — the improvements (to me, my system, with a Bartók) were bonkers. In a good way. More than going to a Rossini DAC.

So better than the Rossini clock w Bartok?

It is. That’s what I meant.

I’ve been researching this issue for a long time, so I’m interested in feedback on the subject. Sometimes I come across information about the significant impact, more so than the Rossini clock, of the Vivaldi clock. Eventually I have a plan to buy a master clocks to Vivaldi clock. The recent price hike information has had a sobering effect on me and I am going to settle on my Rossini Dac and Vivaldi clock. Interesting review on the subject if anyone is interested
https://magasins.hifi-group.com/article-banc-essai/post/test-dcs-rossini

2 Likes

Sorry but did I get that right- a Bartok + Vivaldi clock beats a Rossini DAC + Rossini clock?

The Bartok with Rossini Clock is another combo I haven’t tried, but a friend and I thought the Rossini with Vivaldi Clock was much better than the Rossini with Rossini Clock. So much so that he bought it off me when I moved house. (More detailed comparisons here — I don’t want to derail this thread any more. Even the forum software is suggesting that I DM you, Miguel, ha ha)

@T38.45 — Not a comparison I made, but I would rather have a Bartok with Vivaldi Clock than a Rossini without a clock. That much I’m certain of.

1 Like