USB Reclocker before dCS Rossini+Clock

Awesome! I wrote an email to Innuos support and got a prompt reply back. I then called up Steven at Innuos Sales and had a bunch of questions…

Basically…here’s the rundown when using Innuos and dCS products…

• When using Innuos Statement/Zenith M3 it is best to go into dCS thru IP from the streamer port. The Statement will have the data coming off the port reclocked; better with the higher end clock on the Statement.

• There is ample power to use the Zenith M3/Statement as a Roon core for everyday usage. You cannot magically create data rationally so abnormal upsampling and stunts wont make things better.

• General advise of user wants to use Roon is to configure the Innuos as a Roon core.

aLV

Useful stuff alvinjamur but if the Innuos is not running MinimServer UPnP server software your experience may not be all that you want. I linked the reason why in an earlier posting. In the past I have tried to help members experiencing various oddities using Innuos servers without MinimServer such as tracks not appearing in Mosaic or being in the incorrect order etc. Still, if this happens to you you will at least know what the likely cause is :wink:.

Ok!

Just spoke to the tech

“as of 1.4.6 software update we interface with dCS perfectly fine. we dont use minimserver but something called aspect (thats what i think he said). it has no problem with mosaic. the upnp thing is not relevant if the unit is used as a roon core.”

am returning my zenith m3 and getting a statement.
:slight_smile:

aLV

Sorry, that’s just not relevant. The Statement may be a better Roon core—and for 3-4x the price is ought to be—but with the same Intel quad core N4200 processor as the III, it’s still going to labor under bigger Roon loads. But improved performance, if any, has nothing to do with reclocking an Ethernet stream. That’s just audiophoolisnness. Some of the high end European servers like Pink Faun and 432 serve up that same line, but “reclocking” an Ethernet stream in the server before the DAC borders on meaningless.

I know Pete keeps reminding you about Minim—and if one wants to use Mosaic for playback, he’s absolutely right—but if you’re only running Roon, that won’t really matter. Mosaic still works fine for control of hardware, and Asset sounds reliable, but more to Pete’s point, its use isn’t supported by dCS.

The engineer basically told me that they do some data clean up inside the box and give it to usb or ethernet port. I’m not exactly sure as to what exactly is done as that is prolly proprietary.

He did say they did clean up and reclock using their clock…

Oh, I have no doubt they said that, but IMHO, it’s just nonsense. As a retired, recovering lawyer, and truly all my life, I have always enjoyed good lawyer jokes. Three of my faves, the first two of which are just for fun:

Q: What’s the difference between a dead lawyer and a dead skunk in the road?
A: Skid marks in front of the skunk.

Q: Why are all the lawyers in California and all the toxic Superfund sites in New Jersey?
A: Jersey got first choice.

Q: How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?
A: His lips are moving.

Now I won’t say that all audiophile sales types are prevaricators, but I will go so far as to say you ought to keep your hand wrapped tight on your wallet around anyone who uses “Ethernet” and “reclocking” in the same sentence.

1 Like

I think he said Asset https://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm

2 Likes

Yup! Asset…yes.
Funny…am using dBPoweramp as I write this.

Upon querying further, here is what I got from their Sales Manager for UK+Ireland :

“ The power supplies and reclocker inside the STATEMENT regenerates the signal and helps to tackle one of the biggest sources of system noise in Digital Audio and improves upon the timing of the signal. It also uses dual linear power supplies to help with this. With all of this combined, you will get a dramtically lower noise floor, a more spacial soundstage, greater and improved dynamics and more micro detail. Let me know how you get on with the STATEMENT, you really are in for a treat!“

In any case, I did hear the statement at a friends’ place - it is incredible thru the rossini dac+clock.
Cannot wait to get all my gear in.