Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

Oooooooh! Looking forward to your thoughts :grin:

1 Like

I guess there’s no coming out then… :wink:

1 Like

Placed on the nicest looking rack I could find and bFly FlatLine absorbers to eliminate the issues with glass shelves.

12 Likes

Oooops!
It seems I forgot to describe the Digital source: dCS Vivaldi One + Vivaldi Clock :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@all2ofme Hey Ben. I see you made the big time with your system featured in the newsletter

Merry Christmas

b

6 Likes

And rightly so, it really was “picture of the year”! Great stuff Ben, looking forward to continuing to follow your journey in 2024! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Congrats Ben, and best wishes.

4 Likes

Hey Ben @all2ofme
like the photo…what is the gold thingy :wink:

3 Likes

Wow @all2ofme congrats! The royalties flowing in yet? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Love the Reef - just visable but also sad because I’ve just closed mine down.

Yep! The royalties have paid for the best Ethernet cable I’ve ever heard on my Rossini :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Glad my snap tickled people enough for it to land on a newsletter. Wasn’t sure what you were all on about for a while, as I was off in a national park with no signal for most of the week. When I did get a few ones and zeros it was on my phone, and the mobile version of the newsletter loads without most of the main images.

6 Likes

Here’s my setup in the main listening room. Owner of a full Vivaldi stack since 2013 (mentioned 2012 in another thread but I think it should be 2013). Upgraded to Apex last year.

30 Likes

Some thoughts about my Sennheiser HE 1 audition here:

The internal DAC, while perfectly good on its own, stood no chances vs the Rossini btw.

6 Likes

Before the Lina with the Cardas Clear Beyond interconnects and the Utopia22 with a Clear Beyond balanced cable, simorag’s very nicely written review of the Sennheiser HE 1 would have probably made me curious.

It would be interesting to compare the Lina HeadAmp with the Rossini using the unbuffered inputs and the SHANGRI-LA to the Sennheiser HE 1.

1 Like

The HifiMan Shangri-La is an electrostatic headphone, so will not work on the Lina Headamp.

I was afraid someone was going to expose my ignorance. The Utopia22 with the Lina DAC at 6V output would do then.

BTW, with 6V the volume dial needs to be at 10.30 to 11 o‘clock, with 2V at around 2 o‘clock to bring out the best of the Utopia.

Box Furniture Co. rack?

What equipment rack is that?

I also have Magico A1’s. Love em!

It is a Neo High End Quattron matte walnut with “diamond black” legs.

1 Like