Scheduled APEX Upgrades

I’m still waiting for my dealer (UK) to confirm details, he says he’s awaiting information from DCS.

Mike.

+1 I was told end of May, have heard nothing since.

Nothing here either.

If dCS started shipping them last week as suggested above, I would think someone would have the boards by now.

It getting a bit frustrating. Having committed to the upgrade over 3 months ago and so far crickets.

1 Like

HI,

The APEX update kits are currently shipping out to distributors so they should either have received their first batches already (or be receiving them imminently).

We know that demand is high so we are trying to make sure that all distributors get some but it is up to the distributors and dealers to decide how they are going to allocate and arrange the updates as they receive kits so if you have registered with a dealer or distributor for having the update done then they will be able to advise you when they need your unit and how they wish to proceed with the updates.

Best Regards

Phil Harris

4 Likes

Many thanks for information and precision.

My dealer took my Rossini a week ago for the APEX upgrade. I’ve heard nothing since then and I don’t know if my unit has been sent to DCS yet.

Hi Bob,

Your dealer would be the best person to ask about this … they will be much better placed to know what has happened with your specific Rossini, how long it is likely to take and whether it is being returned to dCS in Cambridge for update or whether the update is being handled by a local distributor (if not in the UK).

Best Regards

Phil

1 Like

My dealer is having a event in his store this coming Thursday. I will try and get an update then.

[quote=“Phil, post:28, topic:4207”]
Your dealer would be the best person to ask about this … they will be much better placed to know what has happened with your specific Rossini, how long it is likely to take and whether it is being returned to dCS in Cambridge for update or whether the update is being handled by a local distributor (if not in the UK).

Best Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

On June 2nd I was told by by my dealer that the green light was on to bring my Rossini to them to be sent to DCS headquarters in the USA. I brought it to them then, but still no word yet. I called my dealer earlier today and left a message with them to let me know the status of my unit, but I haven’t heard back from them yet as to whether it has even been sent to DCS yet. Although I understand that these upgrades take time, I would like to know the status and when I can expect my Rossini back with the APEX upgrade.

My best,

Bob

Hi Bob,

If your dealer has been told by the distributor to get you to return your unit for update then I would presume they have told him that because they have sufficient upgrade kits in hand to cover at least up to wherever yours was in their schedules, however, as I have no access to any of the schedules that have been planned by any of the dealers and distributors I have no way to advise on what has been arranged for anyone’s specific units…

Best Regards

Phil

Thanks Phil. Of course I’m anxious to get it back. I keep you posted on this forum on my Rossini’s progress as I find out more information form my dealer.

My best,

Bob

My AD in the US left me a message that the APEX boards are en route and that I can schedule an appointment to make the swap.

4 Likes

As my dealer told me, regarding the APEX for Vivaldi DAC, each analog board and associated hardware for the upgrade is unique per serial number. And all the ones in line for the upgrade have yet to leave the dealer as of yesterday. So, it seems, that the hoped-for upgrade schedule has been delayed for some reason or other. I did get to hear a demo version of the APEX DAC with Upsampler and Clock in a system composed of Wilson Alex V and Boulder stereo amp using Roon as streaming local files. It was sweet. Quite a bit more “natural” SQ compared to prior experience in the same room. Looking forward to my upgrade and hoping it comes in the months ahead. There are nearly always unexpected issues when a new process gets underway - especially when it involves multiple locations, deliveries, etc.

1 Like

I’m in the UK and have been given a date in Sept for mine to be upgraded - it will be sent back to DCS HQ for the work. Sounds like there’s a queue….!

Definitely a queue. I plunked down my deposit back in February. So, I’d hoped to have an early upgrade. We’ll have to see if this is truly a FIFO worldwide process. Mine will head back to Boston.

I drop off mine this Saturday and it should be ready in a week.

Is your dealer doing the update? Given the turnaround, I’d think it unlikely you’d get it back that fast if it required shipping.

Yes, my local dealer in SoCal is doing the upgrades in house.

Nice! Let us all hear your feedback once you’ve got it home.