Reference Clock for Vivaldi Master Clock

That is cool, Steve. Bookmarked for future dressing of less objectionable components!

The Perf10 needs a sticker…oooh…around about 19" × 3.5" in size to look bearable to me. Having it anywhere near the rest of the kit just turns my stomach. It lives under the rack, doing its Nightrider thang in private.

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s why I come to this forum, for these little tidbits of information. I agree the unit looks hideous, but there is an appreciable improvement of the presentation to keep it in my system.

1 Like

Interesting

On an unrelated note regarding the Vivaldi clock, does anybody know if it is normal for the clock to shut down about 15 seconds after I power it on every time?

That sounds like “no.”

1 Like

I have it plugged into my power conditioner and when i turn the power on, it comes on, but then shuts down 15 seconds later. Then, if i turn it on, it stays on…. No such things happening with my streamer or dac

That is not normal. I have mine plugged into my Shunyata power conditioner and it has been on for a few years and never turned off. Is it possible that there is some sort of cabling issue? I assume your clock cables are all 75ohm. If you go through the same procedure without any clock cabling do these same symptoms arise? Have you contacted your dealer about this? Very odd.

I don’t keep mine on all the time (we have strong thunderstorms in the summer in Florida and I’d rather not risk it) and it never shuts down when in operation. Just when i turn on my power conditioner for the first time, my clock, streamer, and dac all come on, but then the clock shuts down after 15-20 seconds and i have to turn the clock back on again manually (the dac and streamer stay on). After that, they all work perfectly. I don’t think the cables are a problem. The dealer set up my system with the transparent cables they sold me. Maybe there is a setting that is off? I’ll just have to ask them and see what they say.

Mine has never been off

Hi Kirill,

If the clock is plugged into a non-power-conditioned wall outlet then does it have the same behaviour?

Phil