Questions from a new owner of Vivaldi Apex Dac

Ever thought about a power conditioner (e.g. Accuphase, Audioquest etc.)?

At the moment I am using an Ansuz filter/distributor which does improve the performance of my system, but it does fluctuate with the incoming power supply quality. I probably will try an Isotek Titan V5 in the near future, connect my Amplifier directly to the Isotek and also connect my Ansuz distributor to the Isotek.

But I’ll wait till the neighbouring apartment building has completed their Solarpanel installation (hopefully they are using quality inverters) to see if DC rejection is required and then see what possibilities there are.

Luckily my listening habits are mostly early morning and later in the evening, when the power supply quality is at it’s best in the building.

By the way, overall power supply is not that bad in the building, when visiting the audiosystems of a few friends, the readings are much higher then at my place, all is relative.

Power conditioners exist as (passive) filters (e.g. Isotek Titan V5) or as active sinewave generators (e.g. Isotek EVO3 or Accuphase PS-1230). I’d suggest you try both.

I will read up on them thx

I respectfully disagree and believe that effective HQ streaming is directly enabled by the buffer.

Rossini Manual. Buffer: “Set to On, the digital data is delayed before being presented to the Ring DAC – this is the usual setting. The delay is 0.72 seconds with 44.1kS/s data and 0.16 seconds with 192kS/s data. The delay gives the DAC time to detect changes in sample rate or clock frequency and mute before the change causes audible clicks or other noises.”

When streaming, the the data packages that arrive via Ethernet must be buffered, sorted (put into correct sequence) and decoded to form a continuous PCM/DSD audio stream.

The buffers you are talking about sit immediately in front of the DAC, affect all signals fed to the DAC and can be switched off without any impact on SQ.
And they have nothing to do with the buffers used when streaming.

If you are correct, I’m happy to be wrong and learn something new.

I (erroneously?) thought there was always a benefit to buffering digital audio files, when streaming or otherwise…

The benefit is as described in the dCS manual you cited.
I switched this buffer off because:
I also listen to the TV sound via the system.
I use digital room correction which inevitably causes additional delay.

I have had the Aurender - it is below Vivaldi standard

1 Like

I have a Naim NDX2 streamer which I connect to one of the spdif input of my Rossini Apex. And I connect Rossini SACD player to AES1+2 of the dac.

I change the source from the main front unit.

I am not sure why the same is not possible for you for your Vivaldi ? Why do u need Mosaic at all (and Upsampler if u dont care for upsampling) ?

Regards,
Sourav