Poll . Which music genres are our favorites?

Marco I have spent the last hour just thinking about how to approach your question :thinking:.

Give me a little time as I think that I may need to either PM you or start a new thread to avoid this one getting too far OT.

2 Likes

Thank you Pete, yes, of course, and thank you for giving it your brainpower. A new thread maybe along the lines of classical music appreciation or even music appreciation more broadly might be nice? :thinking:

I was thinking a bit more. How does this sound for a new thread?

ā€˜On appreciating music and ways of listeningā€™

That would be specific and broad at the same time and might lead to an interesting discussion. We could set out with classical music as started hereā€¦

I think that the idea is good but also that the topic needs to be specific or the thread will quickly become meandering and hard to follow e.g. the first response is about classical then the next us about gamelan music from Bali followed by a query about jazz, then there is a response about classical then three postings about jazz followed by another about classical which engenders two responses but the one after is all about gamelan music followed by a question about Northern Indian classical music then someone posts not having read the thread in full and asks the same question as the original one about classical music
etc, etc.

I hope that my point makes sense.

Thank you for the input, Pete. Makes a lot of sense. How about this topic title?

On appreciating and ways of listening to Western Classical music

I would click on that, Marco. Iā€™d brace myself for some in-at-the-deep-end learning, but I would click on it :slight_smile:

(Iā€™d also pay to read more posts like Peteā€™s just above. Had me chortling good and proper this morning! And then on a gamelan exploratory missionā€¦)

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s good. I am being brief as I am writing on my phone as my computerā€™s disk has failed :frowning:

Oh, Pete, :open_mouth: I wish all turns out fine with as little hassle as possible. I know you mentioned you were doing backupsā€¦

Thank you for the feedback, then I sleep on how to best open the topic.

Thanks for your kind concern. I have since spent hours bringing a spare Windows laptop up to current spec. MS OneDrive seems to have saved the important stuff. Unfortunately it only has a 13" screen which is no fun to use given my vision limitations :frowning_face:.

Thank you for the encouragement, Ben @all2ofme. Still debating how to best open the new thread. It is one of those things that need slow thinking. :relaxed:

For the poll I had hoped we would get to 50 voters. In order to have a representative sample. We have 20 right now. A sincere thank you to all who voted so far. Jazz and Classical music are top of the list. Hmpf, where are all the metalheads? :metal: