Plug your system into the wall or a Power mgt system?

In fact I use a dedicated consumer unit and spur wiring for my audio system myself. However things are different country to country in regard to to house wiring systems ( in the UK most of us have what is called a ring main which has its own issues). Not only can the architecture differ but how it is carried out within local regulations or code also varies.

As you are in the USA I suggest you read this article from Michael Fremer on the subject and what he did last year. You may think that he takes things pretty far given what you may be initially considering but it is worth your time reading and seeing the accompanying video:

From my experience over here talking with an installer can be fraught as they do not understand what audiophiles want. This kind of topic is not covered in their training and they will usually only be concerned with adherence to regulations and safety. However , aside from surge protection, at this level of audio performance we are also looking for the supply circuit to have a low impedance ( most important where large power amplifiers with huge power supplies are concerned) and separation from the rest of the domestic supply to minimise the transfer of noise dumped into the earth (ground) by other devices.

Let us know how you get on.

2 Likes

I don’t use a power conditioner, though the Nordost one tempts me. I do use the Nordost QB8. Also a tweak by Blue Circle Audio and Nordost Sort Kones. Overall quite happy though I realize my answer isn’t strictly directed to the power question. But at the end of the day what matters is whether you like what’s coming out your speakers.

1 Like