Music files from external SSD

SSD connected with USB to my Rossini works great as long as there are not too many songs in one map. My Mofi DireStraits SACD rips sound excellent this way.

But for instance my ripped copy of Chesky Records 30th Anniversary collection has too many files in one map and takes ages to load.

1 Like

I have a Melco N1-S38 and if you have a Qobuz account you can link it so that any music you buy is automatically downloaded to the Melco.

2 Likes

I need to register a caveat. Several albums downloaded from Qobuz recently have been delivered either without or only with partial metadata. This is more serious than it initially seems as the UPnP server software ( I guess mostly MinimServer in our case) cannot file the album correctly as, for example, a track without metadata cannot be associated to an album.

This is using the Qobuz download application band not direct to Melco ut the fact tthat he metadata is missing van be verified by inspecting the track profile e.g. using Win 11. Various labels of reputation are involved so the problem does not seem to emanate form the record label. BTW, the streamed version is not affected. Some weeks of dialogue with Qobuz have taken place but although other issues with the application have been solved this one has not. Qobuz have advised me that it affects classical music ( why only this genre?). Anyway despite having a long term Sublime+ account I am now abandoning purchases from them and, therefore, the discounts.

Yes. I believe this is exactly what James previously communicated: Good for small selections but not designed for large libraries.

I considered just connecting a 2TB thumb drive with half of my library and he read me the riot act… ; )