Looking for a preamp

Every time i have heard Constellation amps on dcs, it has left me also feeling cold, detailed yes.
Not just one amp, and range, this has for me been the same on all the Constellation amps, and even when they use their own pre amp.
Not for me

Thanks for the recommendation but I live in Barcelona (Spain) and it is not possible to find this brand here.

Pete, I completely agree! I know the forum software here is capable of providing this feature, because I have seen it elsewhere. It would be so nice to be able to share and access a more complete profile on each of us. And of course, no one has to supply any more detail than they feel comfortable giving. @Andrew and @James, I would hope this might be a simple feature to enable.

In the meantime, Happy New Year to all! Here on the West Coast USA, we’ve got 18 more hours of 2020.
:tada:

2 Likes

And a Happy New Year to you and to everyone who contributes to this interesting and instructive place. I have 8 hours on you to be rid of this ghastly year, only 10 to go for me in London UK.

2 Likes

Good new year everyone!

Something amazing happened the other day with my team at Pass Labs.

It was Saturday and I turned on the sound system around 10 in the morning to listen to music while cleaning the house. I had to go to my mother-in-law’s house to help her and in the end we stayed for lunch. I didn’t remember to turn off the stereo when I left. When I was coming back around 6 in the afternoon, I started listening to music.
Suddenly it sounded very, very warm, like I had never heard it before and it surprised me.
Looking for a logical explanation and doing tests I discovered that if I connected the Bartok to the XA30.8, it lost that warmth.

In the end, I found that the Pass XP-12 preamp takes many hours to warm up, at least 4 hours straight. Suddenly, its sound changes drastically. So now I always leave the preamp on.

When the XA30.8 power stage is cold, it takes about 1 hour to warm up, but the changes are slight even after 2-3 hours. But what I don’t understand is how a preamp can take so long to warm up and especially how it can change its sound so drastically.

The reason I wanted a tube preamp was because the XP-12 sounded cold. This change has made me see that I don’t need a tube preamp. In fact, now the sound of all Pass electronics is almost valve. Very surprised.

I’m very happy because now I really like the sound and I don’t have to invest in another brand of preamp and I can invest the money to change the speakers or improve the Bartok.

@PAR recommended this with my new SPL Phonitor 2

Hi,

I had an YBA II preamp…you can’t switch it on/off, when plugged in…it is on…Now I have a Moon 740p, in the user manual they say that it takes approximately 12h to warm up when you switch it off…I do that in summer time when I go on holiday.

Hi,

I am using Rossini --> 2V --> Xa30.8 --> Wilson Sabrina
This works greatly

Will send a pic later

1 Like

3 Likes