Just started streaming

Many thanks for all your comments; they’ve been a great help in getting my thoughts in order, etc. I’m going to subscribe to the basic Qobuz service and just listen to a whole load of new stuff and forget about HW/SW and numbers for a bit! I’ve got a bit bogged down in comparing recordings/sources but am getting used to the Qobuz/streaming sound, regardless of source resolution, and really like it (or at least don’t find anything wrong with it to stop me having it for a year). I have found that basic 16/44.1 sounds a bit cleaner; there’s nothing additional to my ripped files but you just hear the detail that much easier. I’m not sure if that’s what people refer to as “noise floor” but the background is definitely very slightly quieter on the streamed sources. And now I needn’t worry about ripping, NAS drives, etc. for a bit :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I use Qobuz to audition new stuff I would never have heard otherwise, for example every time a reviewer or someone on here suggests an artist, album, or track. If I like something, then I still buy and play the CD. I recently applied a few tweaks to my streaming and it is now pretty much as good as the CD in terms of SQ - and the Rossini is no slouch on CD so I’m pretty happy with that.

1 Like