Impact of Power Cables on your DACs

There is still one difference between high end cables and woman skin care products…The cables last a much longer period of time. So if you add this variable in your equation, this does not change the profit for the seller but the price per day of use is rather good over a 50 years duration :laughing:

3 Likes

I decided to go for this option, and have had the additional Alpha V2 NR’s in my system for nearly a week.

I have no regrets…

except that my bank balance has taken another hit! :grinning:

2 Likes

Good decision IMO. I too upgraded my Rossini DAC, Rossini Clock, Chord Pre and Chord Monoblocs with Alpha V2 NR cables. I have left the Martin Logan Electrostatics (15A’s) powered with PS Audio ‘10 guage’ as I am now skint after the cost of Shunyata.

Note:
I have never ever seen a debate on the merits, or otherwise, on power cables for active speakers.

1 Like

As this thread is about power cables and DACs perhaps you could start a new thread?

Good point Pete - have done

1 Like

Wilson Audio and Transparent teamed up to do a demo at my local dealer this evening, and part of the demo was swapping between three lines of Transparent power cables feeding their Rossini APEX.

The differences between them were not at all insignificant, with “wows” heard when they switched from a stock cord to their Performance then Reference power cords, but a actual few gasps were heard from the room of audiophiles when they switched to their Opus power cord.

I’m not going to argue whether the performance is worth the cost, and even Transparent said you should only invest in their highest end power cables once you’re done upgrading every other cable in your system, but it was rather incredible what a difference was made in that last step.

The Transparent rep said it made the singer’s French easier to articulate and understand, but for me the difference was, as usual for such things, the presence of the room. The switch to the Opus instantly focused the size of the room and the positioning of the instruments that much more than before.

You may not have the same experience in your system, it was just a pretty cool demo.

Ancillary gear: Audio Research Ref 6 SE line stage, Luxman M-10X power amplifier, Transparent cables throughout to a pair of Wilson Audio Sasha V speakers.

Not an ad, just for reference:

Transparent Audio Power Cords

3 Likes