All Nordost or Shunyata power cables and Audioquest Dragon

@TylerDurden Thanks to share your experience.

Changing the cables to the Nordost ill feed all with the Valhalla 2, power cords, speaker cables and XLR. Just the Metronome CD transport ill let it be with the Tyr2 because I don’t use it as much. Oh, the Odin2 power cable, well, i need more mental strength :joy:

Next step is going to buy the Qnet with the Qsource feed by probably a Tyr2 or even the Heimdall 2 power cable from the same Q8. The Ethernet cables ill put the Heimdall 2 from the internet router to the Qnet and to the Dac. I have to try the Valhalla net cable to see if justify the price diference.

And by the way, your Bartók is already the Apex? Another question is if you felt a big diference hading the external clock Rossini?

Take care

Roger /Understand - I found otherwise. Thank-you but as they say “YMMV.”

Best to all,

Bob

I did break open my ceramic piggy bank & ordered two Nordost Odin 2 AES-EBU 1.25m 110-ohm cables. Should be in possession late next week.
If anyone is looking for Valhalla 2 AES/EBU 1.25m 110-ohm with Nordost wooden V2 boxes & documentation - shoot me a PM.

Best to all,

Bob

1 Like

A guy in California tried my own SuperSwitch with a QSource and confirmed it’s a good linear power supply which makes a clearly audible difference. I’d advise you to use whatever ethernet cables you want from router to switch but you really should avoid shielded cables from switch to streamer unless you know (eg Melco C100) that the shield is grounded at only one end; otherwise the shielded cable (however exotic, including Heimdall!) can override the galvanic isolation which plays a key part in the audio-impacting performance of a switch.
Happy to discuss further 1:1 or in a new thread rather than diverting a power cable thread but can’t just sit back and watch someone spend a good amount of money only for it to disappopint because one component (shielded ethernet cable) is negating the positive impact of another (ethernet switch).
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

@TheFlash Thanks for your advice.

1 Like

@TylerDurden and all, an up-date

I didn’t bought the Odin 2 but my dealer had one Odin 1 in the box and he said it’s better than the Valhalla 2 and Nordost reply to me saying the same, so that’s already in the house :slight_smile:

The Odin is connected to the Q8 and I’m waiting for 2 Valhalla power cords to connect to the amp and dac.

In few months ill take care of the XLR and speaker cables :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well…you saved 20.000 dollars :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not as much but yes, some money :slight_smile:

Well after being burned in on a Nordost Vidar for a week, obtained possession of the ODIN 2 digital cables (2) and you know you overdid it when you open the box and there are a pair of white gloves included for handling cables of all things.

Seriously, having a day to listen with the previous setup before packing up for delivery to their new owner, these Odin 2’s are downright incredible. Especially in the treble range - vocals, cymbals and little vibrations of a bell being struck in the background. Ella Fitzgerald & Allison Krauss are in my room. dam expensive but DAM.

Best to all,

Bob

3 Likes

@honchi Congrats!!

I’m a big Nordost enthusiast however, if your speaking of using a Nordost Valhalla Ethernet cable my suggestion is to look into WireWorld Platinum Starlight 8 Twinax Ethernet Cables which start at $600 USD for 1/2M and $900 USD for 1 Meter.
David Saltz has figured out the telecommunication side of cables (Ethernet, HDMI, etc) and has several patents on those products. Something to look into is my suggestion.
The rest of your plan sounds logical.

Best to you Sir,
Bob

2 Likes

Cat 8 Ethernet cable on 0.5 m that must be very useful :laughing:

Using 2 myself & 1.5M-- I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night – so, please reiterate your stance. :confused:

Best to you,

Bob

@honchi I believe in you but i have notion that Nordost work best in the full chain and i already have the Heimdall internet cable. Alison ill put the Qnetwork with the Qsource and the power cables.

Bob - did it make a meaningful difference? I’m full Valhalla 2 loom, but for Ethernet i picked up an Audioquest (Cinnamon?) i think. Made no difference from the mono price cord. My cord is 0.5M

Evening Ross – I’d venture to say the AudioQuest Cinnamon Ethernet cable cannot hold water to a WireWorld Platinum Starlight 8 Twinax Ethernet Cable…Period. As I mentioned David Saltz, owner of WW is one perticular and obsessive individual who holds a patent on the Platinum Ethernet Cable. The cost difference is significant (roughly $110 for .75M) verses the WW Startlight 8 Twinax Ethernet Cable ($600 for 0.5 M or $900USD for 1M).

Best to you Sir,

Bob

1 Like

Or if you are a diehard Nordost individual – then check out the fabulous NORDOST - Heimdall 2 Ethernet Cable --1M $824.99USD

Best to you Sir,

Bob

1 Like

Thanks bob. I might have to try one that’s a lot higher price bracket.

Did you ever try the Nordost heimdall Ethernet cable?

Yes Ross I have. Infact, and not to confuse you with my previous comments regarding WW Ethernet, I do run a Nordost Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable (1.25m) between my router and the dCS Rossini APEX DAC. The WW IMO is on par with the Nordost Heimdall 2 – it’s a couple hundred USD less than the Nordost.

I like it --initially I ran a WW Platinum Starlight 8 but swapped that out with Heimdall 2 and moved the WW Platinum to the TV ethernet.

Where are you located?

Best Sir,

Bob

Hi already use the Heimdal from the router to my computer, its good

Now i need the Qnet and the Qsource because the dealer told me to really see the up-grade must be with both