A Dream Headphone System

Hi Pete,

The filter is for Roon, so you do not have to bother :wink:

Thanks Erno. Exactly right- not for me.

I have to admit that I am only an occasional listener to cans but hearing some of the late night Proms this year ( when they were available at AAC 320Kb/s) was entrancing. If filters gain something then that would be nice but there you go.

1 Like

I’ve tried various eq settings and been happy with the outcome, however I’d be careful when it comes to skipping headroom management as it’s not just the headphones that can clip at higher outputs, but the digital signal itself.

This might be less of an issue with bass frequencies, but it’s probably something worth being aware of, especially with some tracks being mixed with the ‘loudness’ moved up a few too many notches.

1 Like

Thanks.

Yes I do keep the adjustment on as this was recommended and as you say clipping can occur.

It was just surprising (even with very bassy tracks) that Roon’s clipping indicator did not show and I couldn’t hear any. It may well have been happening of course.

What was crazy to me though is the impact and quality of bass the Susvara could deploy when called upon. I always thought they were bass light but when driven properly they really are superb.

1 Like

Properly driven Susvaras (not just loud) are a thing of wonder. So, so good.

1 Like