What's spinning May 2022

Thanks for posting this Ben & Marco (I’m still finding my way around all the many sections/posts on this forum, and “music” has to be the most important!); I love this from Geriko. I’ve been trawling Spotify for new music in this genre as I love Chromatics, Kavinsky, “Tron” and more recently Gunship (a bit more poppy admittedly). I’ll spend more time finding & listening to Geriko. :smiley:

2 Likes

The Slow Show - Still Life
61cSGwicGLL.AC_UY436_QL65

1 Like

Hello Simon,

thanks for your appreciation. I agree, the music section got to be important. Yes - we enjoy the technical or sonic side of the journey, but the music is what often makes life worthwhile.

You might enjoy these two albums:

Backspace Unwind by Lamb

Silver Eye by Goldfrapp

1 Like

New release today

3 Likes

New release. Listening to it right now, and loving it under any point of view.
It’s both on Tidal and Qobuz.

2 Likes

Chariots of Fire
Vangelis

The greek Vangelis composed varied electronic music from soundtracks to dark ambient. He is no more and left us May 17.

The movie Chariots of Fire won four academy awards - one for the soundtrack. Vangelis also composed the soundtrack for the original Blade Runner movie and for ‘1492: Conquest of Paradise’.

2 Likes

OMG, concerts are back. What a joyous event to celebrate music live with audience and band. My heart is still filled from tonights energy. These are albums of the two bands I would recommend - both progressive metal. Listenable metal that is. :slightly_smiling_face:

Empath
Devin Townsend

Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory
Dream Theater

1 Like

Classic. Love that album.

1 Like

I keep coming back to this album time and again…

3 Likes

Another Bill Evans album that I keep replaying…

3 Likes

Enjoying this latest from Jan Gunnar Hoff.

1 Like

Close to the Edge
Yes

More sad news. Alan White, the Yes drummer died May 26. This 1972 album is considered a milestone in progressive rock.

Violator
Depeche Mode

…and more. Andy Fletcher, keyboardist and founding member of Depeche Mode died age 60. ‘Violator’ is one of their most powerful albums.

3 Likes

Dreaming through the Noise
Vienna Teng

Alternative Pop
Her voice sounds like champagne and honey. It is soothing as if gently caressing a lover’s neck. She carries us through the album with delight - an easy listen with musical depth. Perfect for a late, moonless night.

1 Like

New to me. Thank you Roon.

1 Like

For me, this never gets old. That’s some horn playing.

1 Like

On Circles
Caspian

Post-Rock
This is for all who want to celebrate their fresh Bartók 2.0 upgrade with lush, complex and sometimes climactic music.

:partying_face:

1 Like