What´s Spinning September 2021

Funny you noticed this. It sounds like crosstalk, which you wouldn’t expect from such a modern recording (Recorded at Capitol Studio A (Los Angeles) January 2007)

1 Like

It was clear as day but I’d never noticed it the first 3000 times. Thought it was a mistake but then wondered if it is a subtle trick inserted to give more depth to the sound.

Yes there us something way down best heard at circa. 2.44. (listening to a rip of original CD). I could not hear it via my speaker system but listening via cans at a higher volume than I would normally there it was. It sounds to me like fragment of a bigger band than the small ensemble used on this particular track. What is it? I am guessing that this is an analogue recording so it may be tape print through from another track or ( viz. as happened with one of the Pink Floyd albums ) reuse of used recording tape that has not been fully erased. One other possibility is spill over from Shelby’s headphones. We shall probably never know but at least your sanity is intact ( as far as I can judge :grinning:).

2 Likes

Qobuz 16/44.1

You can also hear her sing before she starts singing. Really freaky. The entire track is filled with this anomaly. Speaks volumes for the Rossini as I’ve listened to this album hundreds of times prior.