What’s Spinning March 2023

One for the road
RoonShareImage-638153651659413390

4 Likes

I came across the Neck recently (guess stereophile wrote about them?). I find their music and their playing quite good, bought these as well:

2 Likes

22 Necks albums and counting here :smiley:

Try one of “Aether”, “Aquatic” or “Drive By” next. Only a few duds (i.e. not totally to my taste) in their output.

1 Like

Yes, they’ve got quite a catalog, and I am happy to have discovered them here.

1 Like

Excellent RQ/SQ (DSD256 NativeDSD download).

4 Likes

Yeah, I like that one, too. Here is the current listen, thanks entirely to Pete’s question about its gapless playback in another thread. Very nice performance and recording. I have many recordings of this music, as no doubt do many of you. Perhaps there is no such thing as “too much God-speaking.” :wink:
IMG_1565

3 Likes

Love this band.

1 Like

Tough to follow Hotel California, but holding up well 40+ years later.
IMG_1566

2 Likes

A couple of gems among the lot;

RoonShareImage-638154174752204050

3 Likes

For its time, decent RQ. But for all time, the voice, the imagery, the music.

IMG_1604

3 Likes

this has the potential to become my “band of the year” (apart of some artists from Gondwana Records like Chip Wickham, Matthew Halsall, Hasmine Myra)

IMG_1612

2 Likes

I think that this is an excellent live recording of a very skilful double bassist, with accompanying musicians.

Qobuz 24/48 download.

I’m a big Garcia-Fons fan. Will check that out.

1 Like

In that case, I think you’ll enjoy it!

1 Like

I’ve got a few of her albums, but haven’t listened to this one for a while…
What a voice!

2 Likes

Yep, she is something else. I have several of hers as well, but it’s been too long. Rainy weather is a good time to re-listen.

1 Like

Fired my Oppo up after a long time, this blu ray sounds great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Caught The Doobie Brothers yesterday. Age hasn’t slowed them down one bit, they’re just brilliant! Been spinning Toulouse Street all morning :grin:

4 Likes