Scheduled APEX Upgrades

Like much of what dCS does it’s a mystery - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XkPUwwYpA0
Yet All’s Well That Ends Well it would seem.

1 Like

At least for Vivaldi, based on this image you can see that the plate is screwed from outside. (you can actually see the screws on the unit), thus multiple plates.
Frankly speaking from a manufacturing perspective it would not have been very clever and taking into account the time they spend to make everything modular, I don’t think they would make such mistake (even if from an owner point of view, it is flattering to think that something is bespoke for each of us :wink: )

Just to allow you all to sleep soundly … :slight_smile:

The serial number plate and the rear escutcheon plate are physically separate items.

The rear escutcheon plate is changed as part of the update as it is APEX badged and denotes that the device has had an APEX update but it is quite a task to change the rear plate.

All the best,

Phil

4 Likes

Thanks for the clear and concise explanation.

Can’t wait to finally receive my APEX upgraded Vivaldi and get it into the system. It’s been 18 days since my dealer shipped it back East.

My stand-in has been a Schitt Yggdrasil, which though no slouch, is nowhere near the dCS. It’s a bit like peering out through the wrong end of a telescope. Everything is both narrower, more distant and compressed.

Thank you. The separate plates make sense from looking at the unit. I will rest easier tonight. :zzz:

I wonder if the dCS peeps here would have some information on the lead time to get the APEX upgrade. I placed my order for a Rossini upgrade a little over two weeks ago - my unit will be going to Boston.

Thx.

Just out of curiosity where are you located? My unit was shipped from CA the middle of last month. No word on if it was shipped back to my dealer as yet.

I‘m scheduled for September now :grinning::+1::partying_face:

Picked up my Vivaldi today (due to a quirk in my return schedule on my road trip, I ended up coming back into NorCal on a Monday, when MLA is closed, and today was the first chance I had to get back over). I am going to play music for a couple of days or so before doing any critical listening. Right now, she sounds great.

@stevebythebay, Graham told me you were in the shop today as well. Sorry we missed each other.

3 Likes

Same here. Graham clued me in when I got to the store that you’d been by. Mine is only a 20’ trip to Music Lovers in Berkeley. Certainly yours was quite a bit longer. The DAC is back in the system. Sound is smooth as silk. But I’ll let Roon’s radio run for 4-5 days before I do any serious listening. But at the moment it sounds sweet.

3 Likes

Wait… Your Vivaldi is a she?

1 Like

Hi Greg - I look forward to hearing your impressions of the APEX Vivaldi. I put a deposit down for my Vivaldi upgrade in late February and still have not gotten word on when the upgrade will be complete. Do you mind sharing when you put your deposit down for your Vivaldi Apex upgrade? Thanks! Alan

I would agree with Greg. This has so far been a “coming out party”, and the APEX Vivaldi has emerged as the debutante of the ball, or at least a far more Technicolor persona than previously. Quite the moves on the dance floor, and getting more tuneful and vivid by the hour.

1 Like

FYI. I plunked down my deposit in the last week of February. So, you should be hearing very soon from your dealer, assuming they quickly put your hat in the ring, at that moment.

Thanks for letting me know, Steve. Best, Alan

February??? Jeezus.

My Rossini Apex comes home today. Looking forward to firing it up this evening.

Who did the upgrade for you?

How long where you in the queue?

Thx

Went to Boston. I signed up for it very shortly after the original announcement.

Ok. So your wait was like 3-4 months. Jeez.