Mosaic nothing found

I posted previously on same problem. Mosaic just mentions nothing found for radio, tidal etc…no way can music be streamed. Network works using AirPlay. This issue via Mosaic occurred a few days ago it then started to work again as intended. Today it’s again not functioning. What is the solution for this problem?

Hi,

The solution is still to identify what is causing the issue on your network - this is an issue caused when the streamer cannot access the outside world through your router as I said in my reply to your previous posting about this …

There was some information that I requested in that thread (and some things that I asked you to check) that I will still need if we are to try to work the problem through for you and find a solution (but every instance of this that I’ve had raised to me so far has been down to a badly configured or incorrectly set up network).

Phil

Phil,

Yes indeed it stopped then malfunctioned again. Last night it reworked again and just checked now this morning at 1st two attempts I got the message nothing found then it functioned okay.

“ What dCS product do you have and how is it connected to your router? Do you have any additional routers, switches, Ethernet extender devices (mesh or Ethernet over Powerline / coax) between your dCS device and your main router?”

I have the DCS network bridge
From the server there is one Ethernet câble out connecting directly to a switch (netgear)
The switch has two out connections used : DCS NB and a WAP
The WAP is an AirPort Express provides wifi in that room and has one Ethernet out to TV streaming (this is off when playing music)

The DCS NB only has connected one Ethernet, AES out and power.

Thanks for your assistance
Tim

Hi Tim,

…and what do you get if you connect your Network Bridge directly to your router (ideally bypassing the switch) , turn off the AirPort Express and restart both the NBR and your phone?

The AirPort Express has some definite “quirks” when it comes to being set up in an existing system … I have one here along with an AirPort Extreme that I keep just for testing out issues. I’m wondering whether the AirPort might still have a DHCP server enabled on it giving out a totally different range to the router (Apple default to a 10. range) which would be a good reason why the NBR can’t see the outside world.

Cheers

Phil

Phil,
I’ve tried connecting the NB directly to router with no AirPort Express nor switch. Problem remains same. It works at 1st then doesn’t respond. Once connected to say a radio station it’s all okay and continues to play only no way to control it nor change radio station.
What can be done here?
Thanks
Tim

Hi,

How long does it take before this issue occurs? (I mean it’s 17 days since I asked so has this issue happened once since or does it happen every hour or two?)

It sounds as though the NBR is remaining connected to the network (as it’s still playing internet radio) and that it’s the handheld device that’s unable to get to the NBR to control it …

What do you then have to do to get control of the NBR back?

Do you have a computer (Mac or PC) on your network?

What router are you using on your network?

Cheers

Phil

Phil,
It works when I wake the NB up. I haven’t timed it. But today it played up after 5/10 minutes. It’s been doing same on a consistant basis. I wanted to see it it evolved, it hasn’t still same.
I use iPhone or iPad to control the NB with Mosaic and airplay.
To get it to off mosaic to use airplay I go to the airplay and select the
NB. Then play music via tidal radio apple apps. When playing the radio I can see the album cover in mosaic. The volume control of Mosaic works when playing via airplay, so does the airplay volume.
I have an iMac but the is connected in my office via wifi and isn’t used for any music playing.
The router I have here in france is freebox server that has router integrated into it.
Tim

What exactly do you mean by that? If the NBR is still playing - as you say it does - then it’s “awake” so exactly what do you do at that point to get the app to reconnect?

What if you close the app and re-open it?

What if you turn off WiFi on your handheld device and then turn WiFi back on again?

It’s not when the iPad / iPhone has gone to sleep and you’re waking the tablet / phone up again is it?

Thanks

Phil

Phil,
I mean when I take it out of standby mode. I put the NB into standby mode when not in issue via the icon in the mosaic. When I want I play music with the NB I then wake it up. When I do this it works then fails again, as explained it continues to play the music, be that radio or tidal, volume works. Only it’s not possible to change channel to anything else.
I have closed the app and opened again. I have erased and reinstalled the mosaic app also.
I have tried turning off wifi and then back on again, doesn’t solve it.
No my iPad or iPhone aren’t going into sleep mode.
Tim

OK - thanks for that.

So if you pop the IP address of your Network Bridge into a web browser on your Mac can you get to the web interface of the Network Bridge?

If you do the same when the app is unable to get to the Network Bridge then can you still get to the NBR’s web interface?

Phil

Phil
How do I find the IP of the NB?
Tim

Generally the easiest way would be to log in to your router and take a look at the DHCP allocation table - you should see an entry of “dcs-” otherwise you can use a network scanning app on either your computer or your handheld device.

I use “Net Analyser” on my iPhone - I believe there is a free “Lite” version of it as well as the paid for version.

BR

Phil

Phil, i can control the NB from my iMac that is connected with wifi in another area of the house. It actually is in the menu for speakers. I haven’t Installed mosaic on my iMac. Tim

Hi,

…and this is when you are unable to control it from the Mosaic app on your phone / tablet?

What software are you using to control the NBR from your iMac?

I’m still absolutely certain that this will turn out to be a network issue - when did you get your network bridge? Is your dealer able to take a look at your setup or at least check out your network bridge with your tablet / phone on their network to isolate the issue?

Best regards

Phil

Phil, I don’t use my iMac to control de NB. I have no software installed on my iMac did that purpose. I checked as you asked. I purchased SH. Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry, when you wrote…

…I took it that you could control the Network Bridge from your iMac.

So you can access the Network Bridge web interface from your iMac when the app cannot access it or do you just see it as an AirPlay device?

Either way that would indicate that the Network Bridge is still connected to the network and sending and receiving data but it would be good to confirm that you can get to the web interface if you can try that.

I’m not really sure what I can do to assist from here as I’m sure your issue is network based but without being able to get someone to actually check what’s going on there and perform some other checks then it’s almost impossible to diagnose ISP router related issues.

My suggestion is that the easiest solution would be to set up a half decent cable router (one without a modem but instead with an Ethernet WAN port) such as a TP-Link / NetGear / LinkSys “inside” your existing ISP router (so that your ISP will still support you if you have issues with their service) and then use that new router to provide WiFi and network for your kit and I’m sure that would resolve the issue but that would require the router to be configured in a specific way and unless you know exactly what you are doing then this can be very difficult to explain remotely - especially on a router that I can’t see the setup menus for.

I’ll have to look into the options as to what we can do to get you going from here…

Best Regards

Phil

Phil, I see it just as an AirPlay device. Tim

Hi Tim,

…and have you been able to find its IP address? Are you able to confirm whether you can get to its web interface? Can you still get to its web interface when the app is unable to connect to it?

Best regards

Phil

Phil,
Yes I accessed the web access via the IP address.
It is accessible on my iPad and iMac.
When I access the web access the NB still gives me « nothing found »
Tim