Lumin Network Transport Ux vs internal Rossini streamer

Did someone tested the Lumin network transporter vs the internal Rossini streamer engine alredy?
I have the Lumin T2 now in house (during Apex upgrade) and the GUI and performance is not that bad.
So wondering if it’s possible to improve Rossini’s upnp/roon capabilities with an external streamer.
Thanks!

The first thing I note is that you have assumed that the Lumin will sound better streaming before you have had a chance to hear Rossini Apex as you say Rossini is away being upgraded. I would await its return and give it about 100 hours burn in before forming any opinion.

As many of us here believe, even given difficulty in finding a rational explanation, your network switch also makes a notable difference so I would look at that tissue too.

If , once you have the Rossini Apex, you still prefer the Lumin then you just use it as another source using one of the spare Rossini inputs. I cannot say it will necessarily be better in the fullest sense of the term but if you prefer it then that is your personal decision.

3 Likes

Lumin App is way better than Mosaic, but sound wise the internal Rossini is clearly better than Lumin.

Does the Lumin app work with dCS?
I have no used it with my Linn Klimax DS (however it no longer works)… I never tried it with my Rossini. I always felt it better than Linn Kinsky and Mosaic.

No, Lumin app doesn’t work with dCS.

Thanks Manelus- did you test the Lumin as a transporter only? If so, did you use USB or AES to connect it to dCS?

If you have the Lumin at home, just give it a try, i suspect the AES connection will sound the best.

In my experience separated streamers can improve the SQ compared to the internal streamer when it’s integrated to the Rossini Clock (synchronised)

I don’t see clock connections on the back of the Lumin T2

1 Like

Thanks- that was my question :slight_smile: I have the T2 here but the Ux should be a different animal (transporter only and roughly 9000Euro!)

I don’t see clock connections on the U1x either.

right, the Lumin has no clock for transporter- I said that because the Ux has better parts vs. T2 (so assuming it sounds better).

No, unfortunately it doesn’t work with dCS

Ethernet.
That was long ago with dCS Bartok.
A dealer was at home and we tried all combinations. Bartok alone was better.
So Rossini will be even better.
Now I have Vivaldi One + Vivaldi clock and that is heaven :slight_smile:

2 Likes