Incorrect bit depth on NINA SIMONE INTEGRAL 1957- 1962

Miguel, nope, never do. Old habit.

Yes my dac shows 24. Upsampled

Fully endorse MusicScope. I actually paid for it way back when and since then Xivero has disolved (or doing something else) and they were kind enough to make the software free.

1 Like

Of course. Included for the sake of completeness only.

@Phil can you pls comment on the 23 bit display situation that @PaleRider encountered?

@PAR posted a hypothesis for why this would be so which seemed sensible

Is Mosaic reading the metadata, and the DAC displaying the metadata?

HDT has responded to my inquiry, confirming the files are 16-bit. They offered me a refund. Good service.

1 Like

I may ask for the same. It appears they removed the listing from their site at least I could no longer find it in a search.

Phil confirms that my hypothesis is correct:

So in this particular case Qobuz provided a description that it was a 24/44.1 file but when the processor reported the actual data it was processing it turned out to be 16/44.1. So @PaleRider got a refund for the download that he bought and the item seems to have now been withdrawn from either the HD Tracks site or Qobuz or both ( the posting is a bit ambiguous).

1 Like

Just to clarify, Mosaic and Roon are reporting the metadata, but the front display is reporting what the processor actually “counts” in the file.

2 Likes

Received and understood. Thank you Greg.

1 Like

I think that’s been covered now but if you have any more questions on that then please do give me a shout…

BR

Phil

1 Like

Thank you all for this valuable informations. Just to say also that this integral 1957-1962 of Nina Simone is not available in France neither on Qobuz nor on Tidal for the moment.